2004 - 2008 F-150

anyone with a 1" level? does upper balljoint touch coil at full droop?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone with a 1" level? does upper balljoint touch coil at full droop?

anyone here have a 1 inch leveling kit? i keep going through upper balljoints and im debating getting expensive aftermarket upper ca's with no balljoint or going down to a 1 inch level and running balljoints.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:38 AM
I have the 1'' level, and haven't had any trouble with my ball joints.
it is 2wd though.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
With 2" leveling struts and 2" Rancho Quiklifts ( 2.5" advertised ) I haven't ever had upper ball joint t issues. I would want to suggest a thorough suspension look over before losing the nice level height.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:15 AM
so you have the 2 inch rancho quick lifts and at full droop (truck on the rack) your upper balljoint doesnt touch your coil?

im wanting to use the full range of my front suspension, when im driving through the woods if i hit a pot hole hard enough (which isnt really hard) i can hear a clang from the front end (balljoint banging coil) because my truck on a lift the balljoint rests clearly on the coil. ive only got 40k on my upper ca's and the balljoints are getting iffy.

my back end has sagged some, so if i stay at 2 inches level in the front im stuck with needing to buy uniball upper ca's (700 dollars) and then doing something to the rear like a 3 inch block.

so basically i was thinking bilstein 5100s set at 1 inch , 5100s in the rear, and a 1.5 add a leaf in the rear and remove the stock blocks. that lowers me a half inch in the rear, and an inch up front.

im going down to 33 inch tires next time i need tires, so i think it will look alright.

my only other option is to spend 2300 dollars on an icon stage 2 coilover kit the way i see it, (they say you can raise the rear with their rear shocks)

but i dont nessicarily want to be at 2 + inches of level, because i dont have enough gear to turn 35s in my opinion ( i have 3.73's but the truck struggles with any pulling and my 34 inch 10 ply terra grapplers).

im kinda building my next suspension setup around 33's

Last edited by fivespeedsteed; 10-08-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: anyone with a 1" level? does upper balljoint touch coil at full droop?