2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 F150 airbag diagnostics module - code 51

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 airbag diagnostics module - code 51

Hi,

I went to Jiffy Lube this morning for an inspection. Truck passed fine. As I left, I noticed my airbag light blinking a code 51. Means blown thermo fuse in diagnostics module. Also means it grounded out or shorted out, though the short does not still exist.

Must first find short, then repair what caused short, then replace module.

Ford parts dept. wants $300. Local auto parts stores all tell me that they cannot get it.

I guess that I will take it to ford for the repair and expect a $500 repair bill, and ask for the old part. I will replace the blown thermal fuse in the old one incase I need it for a future repair.

Can anybody provide me with the part number for this thermo fuse in my diagnostics module?

Thanks

Steve

Old 08-27-2014, 03:57 PM
I would have someone qualified look at it...one wrong move can set it off...

Ie testing airbag with a multimeter can set it off...

Old 08-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by kcward
I would have someone qualified look at it...one wrong move can set it off...

Ie testing airbag with a multimeter can set it off...

Roger That!

Ford is doing the repair. I have already dropped it off. I asked to have the old module returned to me after the repair is finished. They are putting in a new module, and will return the old one to me.

On the old module, I will then try and find a replacement internal thermo fuse that matches the bad one. I'll unsolder the old one, clean up the board and install the new one, then test it. All of this will be done on my bench while the truck is enjoying a brand new replacement part. I'll keep the old repaired one incase I need it in the future.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Took the truck to Ford. They diagnosed the problem to the wiring harness for the seatbelt tensioner under the drivers seat. The harness had been cut by the seat track. They replaced that part of the harness and it was all back to normal. The internal thermo fuse was not damaged and the module did not need replacing. The bill was still $347.00. I'm happy and the truck is still working like it should.... Perfectly!

Steve

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 airbag diagnostics module - code 51