2004 - 2008 F-150

Second set of Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second set of Plugs

I had changed out my original set of plugs at 80K miles a few years ago & a bad COP. Broke several & used the Lisle tool . At 130K I had issues with misfire again, suspecting a bad COP, (Random Mis-fire code). Purchased all new Motorcraft COP's & Plugs through Rockauto. Was worried about breaking plugs again upon removal, but used Kroil to let them soak for about an hour and had also followed the recommendation of using Nickel NeverSeize on the last plug change. They all came out with no problems. New plugs installed with NeverSeize again & new COP's with Di-Electric Grease & runs like New again. Much better gas mileage as well. Cleaned the Throttle Body while I was there as well.

Also, used compressed air to clean around the plugs prior to soaking with Kroil. I was very surprised to see how much dirt was blown out from around the hole. For those that are not blowing this area out prior to plug removal, a lot of this dirt is going into the combustion chamber and acting like sand.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Many have asked what to expect on the removal of the second set of plugs.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear...I'm at 82k on my second set of plugs and have been trying to build up the courage to change mine...I did all of the coils 2 years ago...

Would like to do all injectors, plugs and coils in the same shot...

Don't want to buy the Lisle tool...

Regards!

Quick Reply: Second set of Plugs