2004 - 2008 F-150

'06 F150 STX fuel filter replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'06 F150 STX fuel filter replacement.

A special thanks to the threads and its contributors for the fuel filter replacement. I was able to change out the fuel filter on the '06 without any problems during my first attempt in 15 to 20 minutes. Yep, I followed all safety measures and didn't rush the project. The gas in the old filter was dirty.

At a local NAPA store, I bought the specialty tool for the filter for $19.49 and a NAPA filter for $12.49. I'm sure it's a little more for the tool but the guys that own the store and their employees take their job serious and have always helped me with my other projects. That's the reason I don't mind paying extra for items there.

Once again, thanks to all who contributed to those threads. You may not know it but it made one guy in upstate New York real happy with the final results.
Peace,
Kellsey

Old 07-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kellsey
A special thanks to the threads and its contributors for the fuel filter replacement. I was able to change out the fuel filter on the '06 without any problems during my first attempt in 15 to 20 minutes. Yep, I followed all safety measures and didn't rush the project. The gas in the old filter was dirty.

At a local NAPA store, I bought the specialty tool for the filter for $19.49 and a NAPA filter for $12.49. I'm sure it's a little more for the tool but the guys that own the store and their employees take their job serious and have always helped me with my other projects. That's the reason I don't mind paying extra for items there.

Once again, thanks to all who contributed to those threads. You may not know it but it made one guy in upstate New York real happy with the final results.
Peace,
Kellsey
I need to do mine. Did you feel any difference and is there a how to write up on this?

Old 07-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
There is a write up. Check the index in the Articles and How To forum.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyDubs
I need to do mine. Did you feel any difference and is there a how to write up on this?

No, I haven't felt a big difference while driving because I haven't driven a lot of miles since the replacement of the filter. It's very satisfying to read and to be taught how to do the removal and installation from this forum.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:13 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
The fuel filter should be changed every 30k.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did mine again today. First time at ~35K and now just under ~70K. Below is a link to the write up (assuming you have 04-08 F150 5.4). Be sure to read it from beginning to end. I know it is lengthy, but there are additional tips on filter removal based on the color clip you have. Good luck!
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...-pictures.html

Quick Reply: '06 F150 STX fuel filter replacement.