2004 - 2008 F-150

Centric 2 piece bearing failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centric 2 piece bearing failure

anyone else have the wheel bearing fail in the centric 2 piece hub and rotor kit for 2wd, part 120.65128?

Mine blew out last week. Only had it for 2 years. The bearing is not serviceable. you need to replace it with a new centric hub, which I did not have and did not have time to wait for shipping.I believe the hub is part 124.65902, cost is $73.00.

So i had to buy the one piece with a serviceable bearing from autozone.

I looked at the other side of my truck and can see where some of the grease has leaked out of the bearing. So I guess i will be replacing it soon too.

I thought the 2 piece set up would last much longer that 2 years. I installed it exactly like you are supposed to. Torqed it to the correct setting also with new spindle nut.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am considering replacing my one piece hub/rotor assembly with the Centrics set up. Now I am not so sure. I will be interested to see if anyone else has had issues with this.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Well, it's been a week since I posted and no one has responded so I am going to order the Centrics set up and see how it goes. I have to do something, and this seems to be the best option. I am going to try and install dust caps I read about in another thread in hopes to keep trash away from the bearings as much as possible.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I've had the two-piece units on my truck for about 50K miles without a hint of failure/issue. There are thousands of these trucks with the conversion done, with very few known issues. Get the Centrics and be done with it.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Mine failed after 7 years but only had 37,xxx miles. I do have the Saleen/Stoptech big brake kit so I have to use the Centric ones. I know Centric had issues with them when they first came out in 06, and they redesigned them. I replaced them last year and haven't had any issues yet. Got mine from Rotorpros.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:38 PM
I installed the Centrics two piece hub/rotor on my front axles yesterday and it appears everything went well ...........except for one concern. I put the hub/bearing on the passenger side first and it was a very snug fit. I didn't add any extra grease, just the grease that came on the hub. I had to work it on by making sure it was perfectly square before it would advance on the spindle. I felt like it was a good snug fit.
When I went to slide the hub on the driver side spindle, it slipped all the way on in one move and had a little wiggle to it once all the way on. I went ahead and torqued it to the specified 295 ft/lbs and it was snug with no play in it. I'm just a little bit leery of the driver side . Anyone else experience this ?

Old 08-01-2014, 09:09 AM
dont recall having any play in the hubs when I installed mine. It could be play in the bearing inside the hub or the bearing on the spindle.

Quick Reply: Centric 2 piece bearing failure