2004 - 2008 F-150

3 Codes and ROUGH IDLE ***HELP***

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 Codes and ROUGH IDLE ***HELP***

I need y'alls help. I'm moving to Vegas in a couple days and need my truck running because I'm towing my trailer down there!

I've got 3 codes;
P0316 - Misfire
P2195 - Sensor stuck/lean, Bank 1 - sensor 1
P2197 - Sensor stuck/lean, Bank 2 - sensor 1

Truck literally just passed over 100,000 miles. It's got just over 200 miles over 100K. I just had a full service on the truck not 800 miles ago. Spark plugs, fuel filter, spark plug boots, tranny flush. Couldn't come at worse timing either. I've got so much done to this truck. Most relevant, I would think, is the long-tube headers, high flow cats, and fully custom exhaust. I was thinking of replacing both O2 sensors, but don't have time to play around with this. I need it fixed ASAP! I live in Utah, and it's too late to take it into the dealership now as they close in an hour and it would be pointless. They are close tomorrow, so that's perfect. I wanted to head out to Vegas tomorrow, but that's not going to happen now.

Please!!! NEED HELP!

Thank you for all your help in your advance!

Jake

Old 12-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Sounds like large vacuum leak, check for things like split booster hose, vacuum cap off large unused port on manifold. check around intake, throttle body ,etc. with spray carb cleaner. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE STUFF!

Old 12-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by shopteach
Sounds like large vacuum leak, check for things like split booster hose, vacuum cap off large unused port on manifold. check around intake, throttle body ,etc. with spray carb cleaner. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE STUFF!
Love you shopteach,

Here is the culprit. Stupid, stupid problem. I guess somehow it worked itself lose....do not know. It's good to go now though.

Quick Reply: 3 Codes and ROUGH IDLE ***HELP***