2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally - good pics and new mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally - good pics and new mods

After many long months of wanting to snap some pictures with the camera (instead of my phone), I finally got around to it. It didn't hurt that I had all of my latest mods done. I still have to put the LED light squares I have on. Also, my toolbox wasn't on because I got a spray-in bed liner recently. My favorite pic is now in my sig.

***Open to suggestions and comments

The best part is that I installed everything on my truck myself, save the tint and bedliner, and some "help" with the headers.

New mods include:
Black HD-type headlights
2012 FX Appearance package red badges (will probably be PTM'd at some point)
5% tint over all factory tint (WAY too dark and would not do again; can't hardy see at night with my windows up)
ALLOUT offroad decal on the windshield (they did the tint)
Husky Liner floormats
NFAB black powder coat step bars
Xtreme Liners spray-in bedliner (Richmond/ Rosenburg TX)

Soon to be installed: (have these sitting in the tool box waiting to go on)
4 LED light squares behind grill or 2 on the bull bar with 2 as backups (I need a wiring kit and need to figure out how to wire it)
2 xenon reverse lights (because of the tint)

Total other mods: (hopefully I can at least get most of them)
Bull bar
Black (painted) grill from an FX4
Gotts Mod
OBX long tube headers and Y pipe
Roush offroad catback SIDO (100% 304 SS from front to back)
SCT X3 w/ custom tunes from 5Star
2" Autospring level
2" Autospring rear blocks
275/60/20 (33") BFG Rugged Terrains
20x8.5" (+20 Offset) Eagle Alloy series 178's (Raven Black w/ Machined Lip)
Kenwood DDX319 touchscreen HU
Boston Acoustic 5x7's all around
Two 12" Kicker CVTs in a sealed box
1100W Power Acoustic amp
Tractor Supply Co. Black tool box
Red, white, and blue CB antennas/ whips
*Can't forget the ATM, Secede, 100 Club, KM dedication, and NRA decals!

Wish List:
09+ tow or normal mirrors with painted caps
PTM door and tailgate handles
LED light conversion in every bulb

Adventurous Wish List:
8-12" lift with 38's on new 20x12" wheels with a high negative offset
Steel bumpers front and back OR PTM'd bumpers
FX-r 3.0" retrofit
Leather conversion in either red or black

Last edited by KMAC0694; 09-29-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Lookin' good, man!

Oh how I would kill to live somewhere without road salt....

Old 08-22-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by MurkFX4
Lookin' good, man!

Oh how I would kill to live somewhere without road salt....
I hear ya! How's your '04 holding up? I'm always surprised to see how some new trucks from up north have horrible rust, while 20 year old trucks are fine.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I hear ya! How's your '04 holding up? I'm always surprised to see how some new trucks from up north have horrible rust, while 20 year old trucks are fine.
Mechanically, it runs smooth as silk. Almost 80k miles and I've only done tires twice, rear axle seals (under warranty) and a battery, plus my mods.

As for the body, ugh, I'm working on it.
Front bumper - rusty with paint peeling. Putting some cash away to get the bumpers and rockers Line X'd black.
Rear bumper - Got a few spots of rust under that paint, but nothing a good sandblaster can't get rid of.
Besides those I just have little dings here & there from the morons that don't know how to get out of their vehicles without using MINE as a doorstop.

But I've always had the mind set that I would rather have my truck look like crap and run great, than look great and run like crap!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by MurkFX4
Mechanically, it runs smooth as silk. Almost 80k miles and I've only done tires twice, rear axle seals (under warranty) and a battery, plus my mods.

As for the body, ugh, I'm working on it.
Front bumper - rusty with paint peeling. Putting some cash away to get the bumpers and rockers Line X'd black.
Rear bumper - Got a few spots of rust under that paint, but nothing a good sandblaster can't get rid of.
Besides those I just have little dings here & there from the morons that don't know how to get out of their vehicles without using MINE as a doorstop.

But I've always had the mind set that I would rather have my truck look like crap and run great, than look great and run like crap!
Doesn't sound too bad for 9 years of bathing in salt! I definitely agree that I would rather have my truck look like crap and run great, than look great and run like crap!

Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM

Well . . . I tried to use the key to my toolbox as a screw driver and bent and cracked it! So if I can get the box to open, I'm gonna put 2 of the lights on the bull bar and take some pics, hopefully tomorrow . . .

Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice clean look. You're truck may look good with some flares to tie in the black and get the tires covered (maybe factory flares)? Still looks good either way.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by wolverine08
Nice clean look. You're truck may look good with some flares to tie in the black and get the tires covered (maybe factory flares)? Still looks good either way.
Thanks! The tires juuuust barely stick out, so if I got some they'd definitely be factory ones. I'm making it look like an FX4 with the grill and badges () so some stock flares could help with that. I hadn't ever given thought to that, great suggestion. I just knew I'd have to hold out on big flares until I lift it

Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good looking truck (except for Texas A&M logo!!!) Go Huskers! Nice mods. If you do the tires you HAVE to get gears. You will all of your power. 38's may require 4.88's check the charts. I have 4.56's for my 34.4" BFG's on my 2004. They helped a lot. Otherwise you will be miserable and getting 8MPG.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:21 AM

I've been raised a Penn State Nittany Lion, so I know all about hating the Huskers! But she's definitely getting gears down the road with the lift. It'll probably be 4.88's even if I go 35's at first. And I'm 2wd, so gears are cheap for one pumpkin haha. I already want 4.10 or 4.30's but I don't want to have to regear twice

Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 PM
White and black color scheme. You kind sir have great taste. I really need to shell out a few hundred bucks on my truck. And wash it. Looks great man!

Old 08-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good Kmac! Keep up the good work.

Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by thelariat02
Looking good Kmac! Keep up the good work.
Thank ya sir! It's so sad when I think of how many mods I've done and realize that I'm not even remotely close to being done with all the ideas in my head haha

Originally Posted by Ryan_James
White and black color scheme. You kind sir have great taste. I really need to shell out a few hundred bucks on my truck. And wash it. Looks great man!
Thanks! What did you end up getting/doing for your birthday? I don't remember. I can't wait until the black and white scheme is completed by doing away with all the nasty chrome haha.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694

Thank ya sir! It's so sad when I think of how many mods I've done and realize that I'm not even remotely close to being done with all the ideas in my head haha
I know what ya mean. This dang forum has made my bank account shrink for sure.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by thelariat02
I know what ya mean. This dang forum has made my bank account shrink for sure.
My bank account has been victimized as well! I have no objection to spending money if I'm gonna keep the truck for at least 10+ years ( or indefinitely). But once the mods bill eclipses what I paid for the truck in the first place, I at least want to have gotten my money's worth out of it! Don't want to have something pop up that forces me to sell her. And the stuff in doing could lead to maintenance nightmares down the road as well . . . But f**k practicality!

Quick Reply: Finally - good pics and new mods