2004 - 2008 F-150

Ordering OEM Ford parts from dealership/online?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering OEM Ford parts from dealership/online?

I am curious if there's a particular Ford dealership, online, that the majority of the forum orders OEM parts from? If so, do we need to enter any specific 'code' to receive a discount during the checkout process, etc?

I ask this because on another form where I'm a member (Lexus) there's a dealership that sells parts online at a HUGE discount, to the forum members. I mean, some items discounted like 40%! (The local Lexus dealership parts guy was AMAZED when I showed him the printout/prices at which I could buy rotors, pads, etc, online, and discounted through our forum.)

Hoping we have something similar here?

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Tasca Ford used to be this forum's dealer but has faded from the scene....

You could give Tousley Ford a try for Ford specific parts or Rock Auto for replacement parts...theres a few more but i cant remember them now....

Links.....

www.tousleyfordparts.com
www.fordpartsgiant.com
www.rockauto.com

Last edited by 88racing; 07-24-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you mean 88, Tasca is still going strong....They do quite a bit on eBay also, still pretty good prices.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
This is the place I usually use but for some reason I cant get the site to come up so not sure if their having server issues or what. I use them because there close and even though i pay tax since their in NY and im in NY their still cheaper.

http://www.fordsupercenter.com/

Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
was a double post so i deleted it

Last edited by nditech; 07-24-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: was a double post so i deleted it
Old 07-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by nditech
This is the place I usually use but for some reason I cant get the site to come up so not sure if their having server issues or what. I use them because there close and even though i pay tax since their in NY and im in NY their still cheaper.

http://www.fordsupercenter.com/
Thanks for the replies guys. nditech----I am having trouble with that site as well.

What I was looking for was a sponsor on the forum. We would have a specific discount code when placing an order through their site, since we are members on the site.

I'm not looking for any discount parts store or an ebay type of place. Anyone can go there. I was hoping for a forum sponsor. WHY isn't there a FORD SPONSOR on this FORD forum & enthusiast website??????? This is nuts. I'm frustrated already, and I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY TRUCK YET!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
My father use to sell ford racing parts at a dealer in AZ but it switched owners and they decided they no longer wanted to sell parts on the internet or ford racing parts. So I think a lot of dealers just dont see the potential in the giving discounts to us forum folk. He was a sponsor for the factory five board. He has since called it quits and retired.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by nditech
...So I think a lot of dealers just dont see the potential in the giving discounts to us forum folk.
WOW. I never thought about it like that. Actually, I thought it would be the other way around, where they would compete in who is the forum sponsor!

Not sure how many of you guys are on other forum/discussion boards as well, but mannnn....there are some HUGE differences here in Ford compared with Lexus. (I know some of you guys are probably tired of me repeating it already), but every time there's a glaring difference between forums, I will highlight it )

I wonder if it's stuff like this, where dealers are failing to 'see the potential' to reward enthusiastic customers, that contributes to customer loyalty..or drives unfaithfulness & dissatisfaction??? Hmm...

Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Are there "moderators" on this site?

If so, any care to chime in and inform us if there are any official Ford dealerships who sponsor this forum, and give us discounted parts via internet???

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah he was selling ford racing engines to some of the factory five guys to the point he sold around 12 a year but the new owner said it just doesnt make enough money not to mention all the other parts they bought. His internet sales where normally higher then the parts counter but they said no more. They then stopped allowing over the phone orders with credit cards as they didnt want to deal with it. I mean with parts the mark up is crazy to begin with so to show just a 30% discount wasnt really that big when you see what the list price is for the part. Trust me even the discount your getting at lexus isnt as good as you think. They still make probably 20% or more over the list price. When he was working there I would get 10% over cost so was pretty good deal on most parts but their were some that the supercenter beat his price on. For example the Harley headlights were cheaper as a pair from the supercenter then my dad could get them since he couldnt get them as a pair for some reason.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by sam1947
What do you mean 88, Tasca is still going strong....They do quite a bit on eBay also, still pretty good prices.
Yes they are...but what happened to them on this forum?????

Old 07-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yilancio
Are there "moderators" on this site?

If so, any care to chime in and inform us if there are any official Ford dealerships who sponsor this forum, and give us discounted parts via internet???
Take a look>>> https://www.f150online.com/forums/vendor_directory.php

Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Yes they are...but what happened to them on this forum?????
Your right, you don't see them as much anymore. I thought you meant that they went under or something....miss-understood.

To the OP, don't forget the economy also has something to do with 'deals' and such.....Lexus and Ford....two different animals altogether.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus may be the "exception" and NOT the rule. You will not find what you are looking for here in regards to a "sponsor" dealership. Also, when I had Dodge Magnums and 300, the LX Forums did not have a "sponsor" dealership, there were only discount places much like here.

Kind of makes you wonder how much you are overpaying for Toyota parts because they say Lexus if they're "discounting" 40%!

Regarding Tasca, no surprise...there are better options!

Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jetpilot2
Lexus may be the "exception" and NOT the rule. You will not find what you are looking for here in regards to a "sponsor" dealership. Also, when I had Dodge Magnums and 300, the LX Forums did not have a "sponsor" dealership, there were only discount places much like here.

Kind of makes you wonder how much you are overpaying for Toyota parts because they say Lexus if they're "discounting" 40%!
Contrary to popular belief, Toyota/Lexus parts aren't 'expensive foreign parts' as some of you self-justify NOT to buy a non-American headquartered company's product.

To keep it real, we are buying wear/tear/replacement parts like pads & rotors, fluids, filters, etc. Very rarely are we scrambling to figure out a problem with the vehicle like "why won't it start" etc, similar how people are posting here, specifically to the EXCELLENT design of the FUEL PUMP DRIVE MODULE that appears to corrode & break in half in less than 4 years???

Regarding whether a 30-40% discount we are given at Lexus/Toyota, because we are members of the online forum, is actually a discount or not? Well...let's compare 'expensive foreign parts' with inexpensive made in USA parts, shall we?

For example......a PAIR of front brake rotors for a 2005 Lexus LS430 (flagship-top of line vehicle) in my local dealership is $324.08. Ordering online thru a dealership in TX is $269.54. Ordering online and applying the Lexus forum discount code during the checkout process, with the Lexus sponsor of the forum, brings it down to $197.68!

I haven't done the math or calculations to determine what exactly the discount % is from $324.08 to 197.68, but I do what I can to dispel the myth Americans have regarding 'foreign parts'. The car brand new is $65,000. For a PAIR of replacement front rotors it's less than $200. Of course, you need to add shipping to that (about $30?).

I'd love to compare notes with some of you guys who have shopped around for OEM (not knockoffs, not similar to OEM, not compatible), but OEM Ford parts for the F-150? I'm curious how much a PAIR of front rotors cost? Can someone tell me roughly how much or little I'd pay for a PAIR of F-150 rotors for a 2004 F-150 5.4L?

For those of you non-believers that think I'm making up the prices, I'll gladly take a screenshot of the online parts checkout to vouch I'm being honest.
I'm not here to stir up trouble, but let's be realistic. I personally find it odd there is no Ford sponsor for this forum.

Here's a link to the ordering process... http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2005/4324.html

Quick Reply: Ordering OEM Ford parts from dealership/online?