2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 FX4 Front Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 FX4 Front Vibration

I have a few theories of what the problem is but I'm not exactly sure. I'm throwing it up on a lift tomorrow morning but would like to have a better idea going in. I've recently replaced the rotors, brakes, Upper control arm/ball joint, lower ball joint. I haven't replaced the actuator or CV joint.

1. Accelerating from 0-20 slowly the truck begins to vibrate in tune with the wheel revolutions and will continue audibly until speed is increased (no noticeable vibration with quick acceleration)
2. Slowing from 40-25mph is smooth and quiet, once it hits below 25mph it vibrates until coming to a stop, whether truck is in neutral, drive, or 4x4Hi.
3. 4x4 hi works no problem, can hear quiet click when switching over when parked. Used it in the snow recently so I can attest to it actually working well.

I don't hear any clicking or popping noises while turning or switching into 4x4 and the only other issue is that the truck seems to pull to the right a little and the steering wheel shakes when I'm going over 60mph. Anyone have an idea? The vibration really resonates through the car, you can feel it in the armrest and steering wheel. I've searched between CV joint, Hub, Actuator, and bearings and haven't really found an exact match yet on here...

(*Edit -- should add that from Park after sitting my truck does occasionally POP when shifting into Drive, or when in Drive and letting of the brake for the first time)

Last edited by PHGFX4; 01-25-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 FX4 Front Vibration