2004 - 2008 F-150

LED 3rd brake light?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED 3rd brake light?

I have searched and was unable to find what I'm looking for.. I've seen some 3rd brake lights, which have one plug in.. But the OEM has 3 bulbs.. Do you take the bulb out of the center, plug it into the middle and just screw the other 2 sides in for a place to go, or what? Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by bigdog87
I have searched and was unable to find what I'm looking for.. I've seen some 3rd brake lights, which have one plug in.. But the OEM has 3 bulbs.. Do you take the bulb out of the center, plug it into the middle and just screw the other 2 sides in for a place to go, or what? Any advice GREATLY appreciated.
The LED setup I put in has red and white LED's in it. Just unplug the old light (a real PITA to get to cause space is very small) and plug in new unit and away you go. The 3 pin electrical connector powers the brake and bed lights.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Without a tonneau its easy to get to, just need to be careful you dont pull out the rubber seals in the oem brake light with the cheap as hell oem wood screws.

I have a full led board brake light with one harness, idk how the hell to connect it since there was not any instructions or adaptor provided. I still prefer the led brake light only and your own cargo bulbs. I had really bright cargo leds in my old truck. I am buying another one like it.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Without a tonneau its easy to get to, just need to be careful you dont pull out the rubber seals in the oem brake light with the cheap as hell oem wood screws.

I have a full led board brake light with one harness, idk how the hell to connect it since there was not any instructions or adaptor provided. I still prefer the led brake light only and your own cargo bulbs. I had really bright cargo leds in my old truck. I am buying another one like it.

I'll buy your full LED board

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdog87
I'll buy your full LED board
Since I want the other 3rd brake light, I will sell the full LED brake light to you dirt cheap.

Quick Reply: LED 3rd brake light?