Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 188
How to install clock spring

I have a 06 f150 and need to replace the clock spring. Is there a how to for this? I searched but couldn't find anything.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Corvallis, Or.
Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDubs View Post
I have a 06 f150 and need to replace the clock spring. Is there a how to for this? I searched but couldn't find anything.
There is a Ford recall on the clock spring. Why not call Ford and let them do it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue F150 View Post
There is a Ford recall on the clock spring. Why not call Ford and let them do it?
I had it in for the recall but it was for a air bag harness. That was the only recall they had on the truck.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aggieland
Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Posts: 406
bovineemissions
They replaced my clock spring just last Friday
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Posts: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyDubs View Post
I had it in for the recall but it was for a air bag harness. That was the only recall they had on the truck.
how long ago was it in for the recall? maybe you should give them a call and explain to them nicely how your clockspring needs replacing after they had the wheel apart.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alabama
Vehicle: 2006 STX 4x4
Posts: 452
it's the same thing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02SC4x4 View Post
how long ago was it in for the recall? maybe you should give them a call and explain to them nicely how your clockspring needs replacing after they had the wheel apart.
Just had the recall done 2 weeks ago. Took them 45 minutes in and out.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:06 AM


 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.





This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
 
Contact Us Advertising Privacy Statement Terms of Service Jobs Forum Text Archives
Emails & Contact Details