Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Clicking Noise At Low Speed

I have taken my truck to 2 shops and still can't figure out my problem. I have a clicking sound coming from the rear of my truck when accelerating and braking between around 5-15mph. I can be going straight or turning. According to the mechanics, the brakes are fine and the u-joints are fine.

I found a few other similar threads, but they didn't respond to whether or not they fixed the problem. A couple of people suggested that it could be the parking break. The last mechanic said it looked fine too.

The next stop is the dealership and I'm sure it won't be cheap. Hopefully someone who has had the same issue will help me out so I can save some cash. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
I have the same problem and I am going to tear into it this weekend to try to figure it out.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Please let me know if you figure it out.
04 Silver FX4 Scab 5.4, 2.5" HBS, Nitto Trail Grapplers (295 70 R18), 18 x 9 XD Monster Wheels, Yakima Roof Rack, Flowmaster Super 44 SI/DO, Black Chrome Badges and Emblems, Interior, License Plate and Cargo LED's, Black Westin Bull Bar and Tail Light Guards, Warn Fog Lights, Black Low Profile TSC Toolbox, Alpine Head Unit, Kicker CVT, MTX RFL202 Amp, K&N Air Filter, Tinted Windows
Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 F-150
I have been chasing a clicking noise for the last year. Still havent found the cause. I guess I will just have to wait until something breaks.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 Saleen S331
Send a message via Yahoo to Allcarfan
mine clicks in the front.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
When I got it apart I found that both pads had came off the parking brake shoes. I took the pad out and reinstalled everything till I can get to the parts store tomorrow. Hopefully this will fix it but I am pretty sure it will, I had a Jeep Liberty do it before.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:05 AM