2004 - 2008 F-150

Check guages

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check guages

07 f150 5.4 3v aftermarket remote start(previous owner had installed),
When I first got my truck it started perfectly fine either turning it over by the key or by remote start.
Slowly it started acting up on start mainly just with the remote start. Replaced the battery because it was bad and also replaced the FPDM because I thought it was bad. I also just blamed it on the very cold winter we had..
Well now its summer. 9 times out of 10 using the remote start it won't start on the first crank, but will start on second crank but barely. If I try just using the key it usually always starts until recently it didn't start once or twice.
Every time I start the truck it tells me to check gauges. Watching gauges on the dash and Edge everything sits perfectly. IDK what to do.
It sounds strong when cranking and the fuel filter and FPDM are only a month or 2 old. So that just leaves ignition. Is there some type of ignition sensor? maybe sensing ignition when it actually isn't happening and stopping the start process?
What do you guys think?
No CEL or any lights lit up on the dash.

Thank you in advanced.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:35 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
What happens if you return the tune to stock and pull the Edge?

Old 06-15-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm going to try that this week, my truck is currently at my place of work since i have my work van for service calls..
For whatever reason it does it most after sitting 8 hours at my shop.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Well after turning my truck back to stock and unplugging the edge I still have the problem..
But now its worse. It won't even start with the remote start now. I get a p1600 code (pats not detected i believe) the low tire light flashes, and the right light on the top of the dash flashes fast. It does this in stock and with my edge tow tune installed..
So is my remote start shot?or PATs system messed up

Quick Reply: Check guages