2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford's Fix For Air Bag Recall?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford's Fix For Air Bag Recall?

I have a 2005 F150 Lariat Supercab. I have been recently reading more about Ford's Premature Air Bag deployment. How does ford fix this issue? How long does it take to have it fixed? I know i have to run the vin number to see if the recall effects me. I only get to drive my truck 2 times a year, due to the fact I am in the military and my truck stays stored at mom's house.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Ford's fix involves replacing the cable that connects the air bag to the steering column. The new cable has extra sheilding around it to prevent the abrasive wear of the insulation. Not sure how long it takes to do the repair, but I'd guess an hour or two at the most.

FYI -- I tried to get my truck in for this repair before I put it back into storage last month, but Ford was already back ordered on the part. I'm just going to try and schedule it when I take it out of storage at the end of the summer.

I put fewer than 500 miles per year on my truck, so I'm not real worried about much there being wear in that part of the truck......

Old 04-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck only has 32,000 miles on it. most of which my step dad put on in the first year of owner ship before he passed away in may of 2006. No i only drive it 2 x a year if that.

Quick Reply: Ford's Fix For Air Bag Recall?