2004 - 2008 F-150

Will grill mounted camera survive hood slamming?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 07:19 PM
GTD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will grill mounted camera survive hood slamming?

I currently have a rear license plate camera mounted on my 2008 F1 50.

I have the capability of adding a second camera, so I want to add one for the front.

So my question is, can a hood mounted camera survive the slamming that happens when the hood is open and closed repeatedly? I can see a spot to mount it just above the Ford emblem on the grill, but the grill is attached to the hood and would be subject to a number of G forces when the hood is slammed.

Even if I'm careful opening and closing the hood, there's going to be times when it would be inadvertently slammed closed.

As I said, just above the Ford emblem is ideal to mount the camera, I'm just wondering if the camera will survive the G forces.

Actually, I'm looking at the type with a mounting flange like the one as shown at:
Amazon Amazon

Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand camera would survive?

Thanks.

BTW, I looked at mounting it just above the license plate, on the bumper itself, but I think the camera would be too low, and there's not a great area of lip to mount it on.

So would appreciate any help, or any recommendations. If anyone has had experience with this please enlighten me.

Thanks again.