2004 - 2008 F-150

Help brought a FX4 Cluster, Change KM TO Miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help brought a FX4 Cluster, Change KM TO Miles

I brought a FX4 off craigslist, apparently the guy got it off ebay, and thought he could get it working on his pre 04 F150. So he never plugged it in.

Got it today, swapped it out into my XLT, easy no problems, started the truck up everything is fine, but the mileage in the digital display is displayed in kilometers instead of miles.

Anyone know how to change this back to miles?

It actually reads like 178179 kilometers, which is like 110k miles, which is perfect because my truck happens to have 106k miles, I was going to pay to have it adjusted but I can just wait until my truck hits 110k and swap it out.

I was thinking my truck dosen't have the advance message center, those 3 buttons Info Setup Reset, and I was reading in the manual if you have that you can switch from Metric to English, mabye I just need to purchase those buttons and the dash trim piece and retrofit it so I can change it? Page 91 in the Manual.

I also found this searching, a guy with a 1992 E350 had the same question.

Digital odometer readout?

This first section will get you access to the settings and you should easily find what you need to change it back to English readout from there.

Locate the connector at the bottom of the instrument panel below the center of the glove box. Should be LB/Y, has "PSOM" printed on the connector in white lettering. Held in place with a plastic retainer.

Insert a jumper wire or alligator clip in service wire and clip other end to vehicle ground with the key in the OFF position.

Turn key to RUN while holding down the trip odometer RESET button on the speedometer.
Release RESET button The Speedometer will prove out(sweep across dial and back). The English/Metric and revision levels will be displayed.

(This section, the continuation of the above pertains more to setting changes for tire size but wanted to post the complete instructions as it pertains to saving settings and or exiting out without making setting changes)

The last number of the display id the dealer mode lockout count. This count shows the number of allowable conversion constant changes remaining. When the count is zero (0), no additional changes can be made to this instrument cluster. If a revisions required a service instrument cluster must be ordered.
Press and release RESET button again and PSOM conversion constant without the decimal point will be displayed followed by the word CAL.

Press and release the odometer SELECT button as many times as necessary to change the conversion constant to the correct value. The constant will only increase (not decrease) when the SELECT button is pressed so reducing the constant means counting up until the constant jumps to the bottom of the scale and begins counting up from there.

Pressing and releasing the RESET button to lock in the new conversion constant reduces the number of times the PSOM can be reprogrammed by one count. If you change your mind and want to go back to the old conversion constant, turn the key OFF BEFORE you lock in the new constant.

If that doesn't get you whats needed to change it back let us know.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
bump

Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
IDK. when you turn the key to the on position does it say KM next to the XX's before it brings up the miles?

Because mine does that too and its built in American with a DSO to florida. And it reads in Miles because I tested it on the interstate and back from florida to michigan it was only like 1400 miles which it should be and that would have read like 2000 miles if it was really KM's

Mabey its just a thing with the 04 FX4 clusters

Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Yea its does.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Bump

Quick Reply: Help brought a FX4 Cluster, Change KM TO Miles