2004 - 2008 F-150

Window squeaking

Old 08-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bshipley78
didn't notice four pulley's... may have to look again but I only saw two.
Not sure if it matters, but I have power windows...there were two top and two bottom. Manual windows maybe different. If you roll down the window, and pull off the interior weather strip, you can see them by looking down thru the door. You'll have to get a longer red pipe for what ever spray you use to help get the lower ones..

Because it was so easy, I did the passenger side as well.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
I just did the drivers and passengers side. Just hit the bottom pulleys with some white lithium grease (I have power windows, didn't see any top pulleys). Seems to be doing the trick so far. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the info, never would have guessed it was the pulleys and not the window in the track making the screeching.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm going to do mine this weekend... They are better when it's cooler out but when it's warm they squeak like a stuck pig...

Old 10-03-2010, 06:02 PM
the silicone spray worked for me. before i read this i fixed mine this past summer. but first i took the outer trim off the door and just sprayed the crap out of the window on the outside and rolled it up and down and it finally stopped. then be sure you get your window cleaned before putting the outer trim back on

Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 AM
just pulled the manuals out and put powers in. they are exactly the same, cept the crank on the manuals and motor on the power. just grease the pulleys and let grease seep down the wire, and you'll have silent windows. took sitting over night on mine to stop the noise on my manuals.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I just finished my driver's side. It was squealing something terrible today (warmer than usual). I hit mine with JB Chain Lube. At first I did just the tracks and the squeaking stopped. I decided to hit the two lower pulleys as well since that seemed to be the SOP and I figured it couldn't hurt. Worked great.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Ftruck09 is absolutely correct about window noise. I had that problem for 4 years and fixed it yesterday thanks too ur post. I took all 4 door panels apart and sprayed white lithium grease on white nylon pulleys and the cable that rides the window up and down. If u put ur fingers behind the window tracks u can feel the cable that pulls ur window up and down. The problem was the cable was bone dry. I soaked the cable good. Applying the spray on my fingers 1st then behind window tracks and onto dry cable. The cable is hidden behind these window tracks. Put all door panels back together and problem is completely fixed. This process took an hour a door too complete. One small problem I did notice is inside of truck stinks of white lithium grease now. Can't wait till smell goes away. However noise is gone finally. Thank you so much for ur very knowledgable information. I so appreciate it ftruck09.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor
If the window is squeaking against the weatherstrip you can spray the weatherstrip with silicon spray and that will quiet it down for yah.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM
1atony

It is not the weather stripping on window. That is a guarantee, it sounds like it is. However it's not. Metal cables behind door panels that roll up and down ur windows must be greased. Spraying silicone on ur windows would be a hot greasy mess. Please take advise from this forum. Trying too help with the correct solution is all. 😀

Old 07-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Ford bull bar
It is not the weather stripping on window. That is a guarantee, it sounds like it is. However it's not. Metal cables behind door panels that roll up and down ur windows must be greased. Spraying silicone on ur windows would be a hot greasy mess. Please take advise from this forum. Trying too help with the correct solution is all. ��
The silicone spray is pretty much like an aerosol spray, I've used it a ton of times in our auto body shop if a customer had dried out weatherstrip that was slowing the windows down. You don't want to spray it on the window itself, but it is fine to use on the run channels and door sweeps if they are dried out.

It will quite down and make a slow window glide along a little easier too. You can also use a little white lithium grease in the channel of the regulator (if there is one) to also make a slow window glide a little smoother, or to also quite down a window that might be squeaking.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Squeaky windows

To pull the panels there are two bolts on the bottom. Then remove the power lock case by using a flat head screw driver and popping it off. There is a ten mil bolt there remove that. Remove all the power leads to the lock panel. Pop the speaker cover off with a flat head. Then on top of the door latch there is a removable cover. Behind it are two bolts. Remove them. At that point the panel should slide up. Once you have panel off use grease or wd40 to lube all tracks and cable wheels that will stop the squeaking. Then re install panel and done.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Had the same issue. 2006 F150 Supercrew. All 4 power windows would squeak, except for my front passenger because I had to replace the regulator. So I knew through deductive reasoning that it had to involve the regulator, not just the weather stripping. Followed the instructions on this thread and it's fixed the first 2, took a break, about to do the 3rd. Good work!!
Need:
-a socket wrench with several sizes
-Smaller flat head screwdriver (or something to pop off panels)
-white lithium grease from home depot
-a couple rags is good.

One tip. Test the window by reattaching the power unit and using the switch, before putting the whole thing back together. I made this mistake, hadn't greased it enough and I had to take it all apart again.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'v been living with the squeaking for the last 2-3 years. Thanks for the fix. I just never got around to doing it because of other higher priorities!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window squeaking