2004 - 2008 F-150

Jack missing on my 06

Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jack missing on my 06

I bought a used 2006 f150 xlt supercrew from a dealer a few weeks ago and I just now noticed the jack assembly that should be located under the rear pass, seat is missing! No bag, no jack , no handle, nothing but the bracket that it all fits onto. I cant even get the spare tire off without the handle and extension. Do any of you guys think I stand a chance in hell of getting the dealer to get me a replacement assembly? I feel like that is a safety issue and who would think that would be missing? The dealer already balked when I wanted a second set of keys and remote fob. I did buy a warranty and it does pay for towing, so I guess I could always just do that.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Gotta check used rigs before purchase.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Did you purchase from a Ford Dealer? Is it certified pre-owned? Actually, I would think it is a good possibility that they will get one for you. While I do agree that you need to check used vehicles before purchasing, the jack and spare tire are items that one should expect to be included, at least from any kind of reputable dealership. Extra set of keys...not so much IMO. Keep us posted.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Check your local wrecking yards, you can probably find one for cheap.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
Gotta check used rigs before purchase.
Really, wow, thanks. I have bought many used rigs and I always "check them out", but to be honest, it never occurred to me to look for the jack on this new of a truck. Older rigs sure. I looked at the spare tire to check the tread ect, and it looked new so again, I didn't think to look for the jack.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
i think ive got an extra spare tire jack tool if your Ford dealer wont help you out

Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by rhyno1
Did you purchase from a Ford Dealer? Is it certified pre-owned? Actually, I would think it is a good possibility that they will get one for you. While I do agree that you need to check used vehicles before purchasing, the jack and spare tire are items that one should expect to be included, at least from any kind of reputable dealership. Extra set of keys...not so much IMO. Keep us posted.
No, and no. I think the only tool I can use is play the "what kind of dealership are you runner here" card. Even though I have a warranty, it doesn't replace items that were not there and under the "As is" I think I'm pretty much screwed. I might be able to argue lack of disclosure of a part that is "expected" to be there. Kinda like finding out the seat belts are all unbolted from the cab of the truck, although I did look for that. I have found some pretty weird things on used vehicles.

Well, I give it a try and if they get hard about it I will just write a nasty review on thier website and look for a used one.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lower the spare tire and check to see if the prior owner didn't tuck the jack up inside the rim. been guilty of that myself in the past...and I got the idea from a truck I had bought where the prior owner had hid the jack inside there

Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by skullbiker4life
I cant even get the spare tire off without the handle and extension.
Originally Posted by Tylus
lower the spare tire and check to see if the prior owner didn't tuck the jack up inside the rim.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by skullbiker4life
Really, wow, thanks. I have bought many used rigs and I always "check them out", but to be honest, it never occurred to me to look for the jack on this new of a truck. Older rigs sure. I looked at the spare tire to check the tread ect, and it looked new so again, I didn't think to look for the jack.
Public forum, that means the blunt answers also. As with any used product you have to look it over inch by inch.

One 04-08 supercrews the jack is near the back bolts of the seat belt actually.

Also, I hope you are not going to seriously write them a bad review because you assumed they would include something you didn't check for when they sold you a truck as is.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow, that sucks! I bought a used car once that was missing the spare tire, but never the jack. I would say that you could pick up a cheap bottle jack from Harbor Freight...or you could just buy one of these!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
Public forum, that means the blunt answers also. As with any used product you have to look it over inch by inch.

One 04-08 supercrews the jack is near the back bolts of the seat belt actually.

Also, I hope you are not going to seriously write them a bad review because you assumed they would include something you didn't check for when they sold you a truck as is.
I will leave a bad review if they don't agree to get me a jack, and yes I did notice the empty mount under the seat when looking at the seat belts and asked what went there and the sales person didn't have an answer for me. I thought it might have been for a accessory like a amp or aux. power box that I have seen on others but not optioned on this truck which is mounted in the same location. Not being totally familiar with the truck I thought the jack was located under the bead with the spare or behind some panel. At any rate it is a lesson learned for sure. I'm just glad they included the steering wheel, I saw it, but I didn't ask if it was "included" with the truck. It might have just been for show.
Freeky, Wow, now that's a jack!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by Tylus
lower the spare tire and check to see if the prior owner didn't tuck the jack up inside the rim. been guilty of that myself in the past...and I got the idea from a truck I had bought where the prior owner had hid the jack inside there
Actually, your right. I need to beg or borrow a handle to crank the tire down to look. That could save me some money. Then all I would need to replace is the wrench and handle. The previous owners could have had a aftermarket storage box located under the seats in which case you have to remove the jack assembly and the instructions show you can place the jack on top of the spare then simply keep the lug wrench and jack handles and extension in the new storage box. They could have simply removed the box to use in what ever new vehicle they traded for. I noticed the upper storage bins look odd and were not correctly installed with the end cap properly. I suspect they may have took a expensive option like DVD system or a hands free phone system off the rail to use on a new ford with a rail system. Who knows really?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Well in all reality its your fault. You could of told the salesman to figure out what goes there and he would have found out. Simple right? Anyways I got a jack set in my truck which is in storage right now but I can have someone go get it and ship it out to you if need be.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Well in all reality its your fault. You could of told the salesman to figure out what goes there and he would have found out. Simple right? Anyways I got a jack set in my truck which is in storage right now but I can have someone go get it and ship it out to you if need be.
yea it is my fault any way you slice it. I will let you know what happens, thanks for the offer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jack missing on my 06