Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 PM

Obd p0451

On our '04 F150 Lauriat, after replacing the fuel pump, modulator, fuse panel we picked the truck up and is had the the check engine light on. Mechanic did a OBD and said it was emissions. Still took the truck home as we'd been down w/o it for two weeks at that time, it wouldn't start the next day. Jumped it, found bad cells in the battery and replaced it. Check engine light still on. Took the truck back to the mechanic to look further into the issue. Mechanic says it's the Evap Emission Controle System Pressure Sensor and you just can't replace that sensor you have to do the entire module for a whopping $520. We did change the gas cap, disconnected and reconnected the battery and the check engine light did go out. But mechanic says he checked the specific sensor and it is bad so it won't pass inspection when we go next month for that. I read strings that this is possible to eliminate the message and it is still a bad sensor my question, do you really need to replace the entire module at that price?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Go to your local auto parts store and purchase yourself a ford code reader that will also clear codes, last I heard they were about 90 bucks. Read then clear the codes on your truck and drive it, wait and see if it comes back and if it does how long before it does. If it stays away for at least a couple of days, then just clear it right before you go in for the inspection. Thats what I do for my daughters 01 cavalier, its had a bad evap system for about 4 years and when we clear it she's good for about 3 days before it comes back, right after I clear it, she takes right down for the inspection and then she's good for another 2 years.
14" Magnaflow SI/DO Harley style exit, Resonator delete, Undercover Flex, DeeZee bedmat, DeeZee tailgate assist, AVS in-channels, Ford Accessories splash guards, AudioControl sound processors, kenwood amps, Image Dynamics speakers working with stock MFT/sony system.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Lariat
Send a message via AIM to FX4 Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4 View Post
Go to your local auto parts store and purchase yourself a ford code reader that will also clear codes, last I heard they were about 90 bucks. Read then clear the codes on your truck and drive it, wait and see if it comes back and if it does how long before it does. If it stays away for at least a couple of days, then just clear it right before you go in for the inspection. Thats what I do for my daughters 01 cavalier, its had a bad evap system for about 4 years and when we clear it she's good for about 3 days before it comes back, right after I clear it, she takes right down for the inspection and then she's good for another 2 years.

Wont work on our trucks it will show up as a PO1000 code.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Here in OH they ignore the P1000 code, it shows up on the cavalier too.
14" Magnaflow SI/DO Harley style exit, Resonator delete, Undercover Flex, DeeZee bedmat, DeeZee tailgate assist, AVS in-channels, Ford Accessories splash guards, AudioControl sound processors, kenwood amps, Image Dynamics speakers working with stock MFT/sony system.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 PM