2004 - 2008 F-150

new guy trying two different sites

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new guy trying two different sites

First and foremost I really hope this is the final site I have to check into get some good topics rolling as well as information passed. I have been to so many and want to be able to finally say this is the one. A little about me I am currently serving in the United States Army and assigned as Drill Sergeant at For Knox KY. I just stole a 2006 4x4 super crew from my boss that didn't want the payments, he already had the k&N cold air system and a Diablo predator on there, which I hope works out but who knows.

I don’t know what to think about the predator yet, it works okay but sometime it stals or maybe misfires when I punch it, which I know the easy fix is don’t punch it, but trust me men that isn't a option I am willing to do, lol.

I had planned to get duals put on her tomorrow with 40 series but dont know if that would really help ot not but for 300 complete I guess it will make it sounds better.

I also wanted to know about the factory lift it came with, it is a body not suspension, correct? I want to go up just a little but don’t see going all out with a full suspension kit yet and was hoping someone could walk me on something that would work good as well as allow me to put a set of 33x12.50.
Now remember I am in the Army and I do it for Pride not Financial Status, but not going to go buy the cheap crap that I have to replace soon either. I hope to find some good dudes on here that will work with my dumb@S$. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon. Stang out

I also wanted to know about the factory lift it came with, it is a body not supension, correct? I am wanting to go up just a little but dont see going all out with a full spension kit yet and was hoping someone could walk me on something that would work good as well as allow me to put a set of 33x12.50.
Now remember I am in the Army and I do it for Pride not Finanical Status, but not going to go buy the cheap crap that I have to repalce soon either. I hope to find some good dudes on here that will woirk with my dumb@S$. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon. Stang out

Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Welcome to this forum. I just joined about a month ago after trying several other forums. So far this one has been the most helpful. I wont be much help with your issues but someone will be able to help you. Thank you for your service. I'm ex Army which means I dont like you drill sergeants ha,ha.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:42 PM
There's a lot of great people on this site, and they have a wealth of knowledge, and better yet, are willing to share!

Threads are ALWAYS better with pics, especially when talking about a problem, or an install. I don't think that there's a factory lift on your truck, but someone may be able to set me straight on that.

All in all, welcome to the site, and those other sites really aren't worth your time.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Echo 16/4
Aug-Sep 1974

(Agony, Misery, Heartbreak)

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the site im an ex Navy Corpsman currently re enlisting in the Army because the civilian world is not what I expected and remembered it as when I was 18 haha

Enlisting Infantry here. Im really hoping I have the chance to be a DS someday, been told by a few SGT's and Gunnys that I should have stayed in to become a Navy RDC someday because of my "personality". But I got out. Should of listened to my Gunny about that. I wouldn't be living with my parents and working a 12 dollar an hour job again......

Old 07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
8up
Welcome

Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Welcome to the site

On your duels I would go all out with them with LT installed with them and try and find ones with duel cats.

But we need to see some pictures to help out knowing if you have a lift or not on your truck.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Of course im gonna say screw cats You dont need no stinkin cats

Old 07-21-2010, 07:55 PM
sorry for taking so long i never got notified that I got an answer back. It is the factory 4x4 but I am talking in compairision to the 2wd I know it sits higher becuase of either a body or suspension lift. I got my duels on and look forward to getting some pics going. A DS is not all what it is cracked up to be. Where are you stationed at now? hope to get more questions and answers acoming. STANG OUT

Quick Reply: new guy trying two different sites