2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 F150 door wiring diagram

Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 door wiring diagram

My electric windows stopped working, have King Ranch with moon roof & electric rear rear window & they are all on the same circuit. Roof & rear work & fuse is good. Want to trouble shoot & test wiring at switchs. I think the power source to the switchs in the door or harness thru the door might be the problem. Any help or wiring diagram?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I hope this works. This is for the 04 but there shouldn't be much difference if any. Hopefully someone with that model year can verify for you.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 PM
All of your windows or just 1?
Do they unroll using the passenger or rear switches?
My window problem turned out to be the switch but it was just the drivers door. It was a simple 2 minute fix costing around $50 bucks for the part. It is a VERY WELL known problem with these trucks. (my buddy has replaced 3 in 5 years)
I had another problem on the weekend with my 2006, only it was my lock/unlock and power mirrors.
Open the driver door and you will see a piece of black rubber(sorry not sure what it is called) running between the door and truck...all the wiring goes through there. Pull the rubber back and have a peak at the wires. I had 3 wires that had been completely cut in half from rubbing and also had another 2 that were showing signs of rubbing as some bare wires were exposed.
I re-soldered all the connections, shrink tubed them and all the problems are now gone.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by FordF150Freak
All of your windows or just 1?
Do they unroll using the passenger or rear switches?
My window problem turned out to be the switch but it was just the drivers door. It was a simple 2 minute fix costing around $50 bucks for the part. It is a VERY WELL known problem with these trucks. (my buddy has replaced 3 in 5 years)
I had another problem on the weekend with my 2006, only it was my lock/unlock and power mirrors.
Open the driver door and you will see a piece of black rubber(sorry not sure what it is called) running between the door and truck...all the wiring goes through there. Pull the rubber back and have a peak at the wires. I had 3 wires that had been completely cut in half from rubbing and also had another 2 that were showing signs of rubbing as some bare wires were exposed.
I re-soldered all the connections, shrink tubed them and all the problems are now gone.
Hope this helps.
none of the windows work at any of the doors/switchs. also, may or may not be related but the drivers door mirror auto fold in feature does not work but the passenger side does. you might be correct 9 the mirrir tilt-in/out works) this is all weird to me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 F150 door wiring diagram