Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Old 12-24-2009, 10:44 PM

Door stop mechanism...

Does anyone have any experience with the linkage that keeps the door from opening too far? Mine is broken which allows the door to open all the way until the front of the door hits the hinge....denting the door skin. Everything on the linkage looks intact from the outside, but I need to find out what I need to do to fix this. Anyone?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
It's called a door Check Arm... FPN: 23552

Cost is around ~$23...

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mu...03501_1122.pdf
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 PM

You're the best...thanks! Loving this site, the tons of info has saved me a lot of time and money by allowing me to do some of this stuff myself. Could I bother you to upload the pdf for the panel removal to get to this?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to Hawkz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by timcole421 View Post
You're the best...thanks! Loving this site, the tons of info has saved me a lot of time and money by allowing me to do some of this stuff myself. Could I bother you to upload the pdf for the panel removal to get to this?
i replaced this about 6 months ago. Just pick it up at the dealer, and to remove it it's 2 bolts on each side if I remember. To get to the ones on the truck side you have to get on your back and look up under the dash, and feel up around the check arm and pull out a rubber "shield" thats about the size of an open hand. Once you take off this rubber you can access the bolts to remove the check arm.

To remove it from the door is self explanatory, the bolts are looking right at you.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 PM

Hey guys....

I can't find this part online anywhere. Anyone have a link?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM

Door Stop Strap

I have a 2005 F-150 and the drivers door stop strap seal is worn and water is getting by traveling inside the cab. If i pull up the plastic threshold of the door you see a channel with a bunch of wires traveling to the back of the truck. After a rainy night that channel will have water in it. I traced it back to the door stop strap. All that said, how do you take off the door strap stop on a 2005 to change out the seal?

Update: 6/6/2013 Ok that is not were the water is coming in. I have traced it to where the water runs off the windshield and down past the cowling. Water, somehow is making it's way to space behind the parking brake leaver. I am going to pull the driver's side wheel and fender well and hopefully i will find the area in which the water is making it's way inside. Any thoughts from someone?

Last edited by bainbridgesnc; 06-06-2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: update
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM