Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2014 Ford F150
A/C drain tube - Help please

2004 F150 Lariat SuperCab 4x4 (new body style) - I had a lot of water in my front passenger area. I discovered my rear door was leaking bad (found it by spraying water on the rear window and watched water drip out on the inside). I thought that might have been my only problem but since I read about the A/C drain possibly being clogged or otherwise defective, I kept an eye on that too. Today I noticed when after I drive, I can feel a damp spot on a towel I lay up under the passenger side dash, sort of near the center of the truck, but not quite in the center. It's right below the blow box where there's a little foam piece jammed into the blower box, as if that's some sort of drain area.

1. Is this an indication I have the A/C drain tube clogged up problem?

2. Is the drain tube the metal tube that sticks out on the bottom of the truck on the passenger side near one of the small catalytic converters?

3. If it really is clogged, what's the best way to clear it? Can I do it at home? I already blew about 100 lbs of air pressure up that tube and it still drips inside the truck.

4. Is the drip related to a design flaw in the tube and it can't be fixed without replacing the tube with a redesigned factory tube?

Thanks! Please let me know if you have more info on this. I can take pictures of the areas I speak of if you need to see it. But for anyone that's had this problem I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Just to be 100% clear, here are the relevant photos.

Leaking here, inside...
Click the image to open in full size.

And is this the drain tube for the A/C? This is a view from me lying under the truck on the passenger side, looking toward the front.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by lariatf150; 10-06-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150
In the first pic you're looking at the location for the AC drain. Second pic is not the AC Drain. It's a trans vent/overflow.

Here's the TSB for the drain issue. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fo..._150727_A1.pdf
Old 10-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for the PDF! I'm sure this is my problem. I'll work on this.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Anyone know the specs on that PVC elbow? I imagine I can just go to Lowes and buy a piece like that. In the meantime, I can simply clean out the existing drain if it's clogged with dirt, etc.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Garage is empty, add now

$168 later and I'm all set. I highly recommend anyone that has the 2004-2006 F-150 to check their passenger side floor for dampness or for a puddle on the floor near the passenger front door, under the carpet. I'm all dry now after having that TSB worked. Amazing how much water is dripping outside now. All that was going inside my truck on the floor for who knows how long. It's nice and dry now Well worth the money to have the dealer do it since it would be a total pain to get to the drain to install the $6 elbow they sell to fix this (also need to clean out the drain if it's clogged like mine was).
Old 10-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Tsb

In reviewing the TSB, it pays .9 hours....if you paid $168 they charged more than one hour...or have a labor rate that is $180/hr

Thanks for posting info, it may be a piece of the soggy puzzle I am chasing....pretty sure mine is just leaking from rain and has nothing to do
with AC.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
agreed, I think I paid around $80 to have it fixed on mine. And I know my dealer's rate is $95/hr
Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 PM