Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F-150
what do i need to know to install a 7 pin wiring harness?

hey i just bought a new 6x12 trailer and it came with a 7 pin harness and i only have a 4 pin. i realize i can get an adapter but i want to utilize the brakes so i am planning on installing the new wiring tonight if i can get some help from you guys. other than running the wire to the rear of the truck what else to i need to know? where should i plug it in to? thanks for all the help i appreciate it
Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
you can get the 4 pin 7 pin plug combo from ford the single 4 pin unplugs from a harness located under the truck if i recall in two places and is grounded above the spare tire

the plugs should be located on the left side of the frame rail located near the spare tire
if you pick one up from Ford there will be directions with on how to install it

hope this helps u out some

i would go out and takes pics but my truck is a the dealership right now

Performance: PHP Gryphon, Troyer E-fans & UDPs, S&B CAI, Roush O/R, Bilstein 5100s F/R
Appearance: 4" CF Cowl hood, Saleen grill, Recon smoked tails and 3rd, 17" Black Rhino Rockwells, 285-75-17 Nitto TG's, OE TT Mirrors and Fog Bumper
Audio: Pioneer P4, Cerwin Vega Vmax 10", Fusion 6.5" components, Kenwood Amps
Old 08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150
u need this part number if you dont have reverse sensors: 8L3Z-15A416-A
change the "A" to a "B" if you have the reverse sensors.

then you will need this for the bracket to hold the connector since ford doesnt make one: http://store.uhaul.com/Wiring__light...lat_Connectors

it will give you an extra connector, but u will need the bracket unless you can make one yourself.

hope this helps!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F-150
thanks guys for the help! got a 7 pin connector that plugged into my 4 pin and just had to wire up my other 3 cables into the wires that ford provided. and i just used the bracket that was provided with the harness

2006 f-150
Fabtech 6 inch with front coil-overs + 2.5 AS, fabtech dual steering stabilizers, 20x10 951, 38x13.50r20 Toyo MT's, Banks Monster Exhaust and K&N intake
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM