Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Garage is empty, add now

The Metal Shaving Sound Still!!!!!

Hey guys I was having the same problem with the grinding from the actuator. I replaced the iwe solenoid and the driver side actuator becuase it was holding no vacuum I assumed this would fix it but once I got it back together it did the same thing. I have checked all the vacuum lines and they are fine, I have also checked the box behind the battery. The other actuator holds vacuum fine to, is there anything that could be wrong with the actuator besides the it not holding vacuum that would cause this problem. I am getting so aggrivated with this truck. I have tried everything I know and everything checked out the only thing I havent changed is the passenger actuator and it holds vacuum fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also the truck only does it under certian loads and my 4x4 works great all the lights come on and everything. Thanks again for any help. Sorry for being so long.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Replace the check valves. They are there to maintain vac to the hubs under accel. If they are stuck open, you will lose vac under accel and get the dreaded grinding noise.
14" Magnaflow SI/DO Harley style exit, Resonator delete, Undercover Flex, DeeZee bedmat, DeeZee tailgate assist, AVS in-channels, Ford Accessories splash guards, AudioControl sound processors, kenwood amps, Image Dynamics speakers working with stock MFT/sony system.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I checked the valves with a vacuum guage and they held fine could they still be shot. Also where can I get them at.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Garage is empty, add now

ttt
Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

ttt
Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM