Wiring Diagram - Please Verify - F150online Forums

Log In 


2004 - 2008 F-150

Wiring Diagram - Please Verify

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150 4.6L
Posts: 703
Wiring Diagram - Please Verify

Is this information correct?

2008 Ford F150 Truck Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Violet
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Light Blue/Red
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Orange
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Tan/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Pink
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Vehicle: 2011 ford f150
Posts: 710
did you try doing the search? i know i have seen diagrams and links to diagrams posted in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150 4.6L
Posts: 703
i tried searching bud, if i had found what i was looking for, then i wouldnt have started a new thread, thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2009, 10:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: OH-IO
Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylda View Post
Is this information correct?

2008 Ford F150 Truck Car Radio Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Violet
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Light Green/Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Light Blue/Red
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green/Orange
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Tan/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange/Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Pink
I have an 07 and this is what my wiring was

Yellow-12v constant
Red-12v switched
Black-ground
Orange/white-dimmer
Blue-power antenna
Blue/white-amp turn on
White-LF+
White/black-LF-
Green-LR+
Green/black-LR-
Violet-RR+
Violet/black-RR-
Gray-LR+
Gray/black-LR-
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4 View Post
I have an 07 and this is what my wiring was

Yellow-12v constant
Red-12v switched
Black-ground
Orange/white-dimmer
Blue-power antenna
Blue/white-amp turn on
White-LF+
White/black-LF-
Green-LR+
Green/black-LR-
Violet-RR+
Violet/black-RR-
Gray-LR+
Gray/black-LR-
Aren't those the standard aftermarket colors? I think the OP means what are the truck's wires colors.

OP, I cannot confirm the colors, but can I ask what you are trying to do?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150 4.6L
Posts: 703
Want to hook up a Re-q so that I can have pre outs for a sub and front component speakers. The Re-q was a throw in on a deal for a Qlogic box and I figure I will use it until I get my new Kenwood HU.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: OH-IO
Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
Aren't those the standard aftermarket colors? I think the OP means what are the truck's wires colors.

OP, I cannot confirm the colors, but can I ask what you are trying to do?
Yes they are, but they are also what the wiring on my vehicle specific harness plug was. What the wiring that is actually in the truck is, I have no idea.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Posts: 193
#513820: 2008 FORD F150 2DR TRUCK WITH 4.2L ENGINE AND STANDARD AUDIO SYSTEM
Audio/Mobile Video
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Battery LIGHT GREEN/VIOLET (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory LIGHT GREEN/YELLOW (+) RADIO HARNESS
WILL BE PINK/BLACK ON XL AND STX MODELS.
Ground BLACK (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination LIGHT BLUE/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) ORANGE/LIGHT GREEN
LF Speaker (-) LIGHT BLUE/WHITE
RF Speaker (+) WHITE/LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (-) DARK GREEN/ORANGE
LR Speaker (+) GRAY/LIGHT BLUE
LR Speaker (-) TAN/YELLOW
RR Speaker (+) ORANGE/RED
RR Speaker (-) BROWN/PINK
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevy guy.... New to Ford CLT Introduction Forum 4 11-06-2015 08:24 PM
2006 f150 power issue with AC clutch chuck2629 2004 - 2008 F-150 7 10-05-2015 07:52 AM
need engine wire harness 5.4swap 1997 - 2003 F-150 1 10-01-2015 06:59 PM
M5Od Slave replacement- now ABS light and no A/C Raptor05121 Transmissions 5 09-30-2015 08:44 AM
Speaker wire question alex06 Speakers & Subwoofers 6 09-26-2015 09:59 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Fordé is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company