2004 - 2008 F-150

New 06 Smokestone Lariat owner

Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New 06 Smokestone Lariat owner

Just wanted to say hello.

Just over a week ago I picked up a 2006 Smokestone Lariat Supercab 4x4 with 34k miles on it.
After reading so many raves I've already ordered weathertechs for the fronts.
I think I'm also going to go with the Roush grill...I'm assuming everyone agrees? Not too many smokestones out there to see different options.

Couple of questions. When stopped on a slight incline and then letting go of the brake,the truck doesn't move. On a larger incline it will actually roll back very slowly. Is this normal? Torque converter going bad?
Also when the HVAC is set on defrost or front vents, I still get air to my feet. Which causes my right foot to be on fire on cold days. I hate my stupid feet.

These are the dealers pics, its a losing battle to keep a car clean in Chicago with all the salting in the winter. Hopefully I can take some nice pics soon.

Damn, I love this truck.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by NicksSmokestone
Just wanted to say hello.

Just over a week ago I picked up a 2006 Smokestone Lariat Supercab 4x4 with 34k miles on it.
After reading so many raves I've already ordered weathertechs for the fronts.
I think I'm also going to go with the Roush grill...I'm assuming everyone agrees? Not too many smokestones out there to see different options.
Welcome!

One thing you'll learn about this place is that there is NOTHING that everybody will agree on

It's your truck, go with whatever you like.

Couple of questions. When stopped on a slight incline and then letting go of the brake,the truck doesn't move. On a larger incline it will actually roll back very slowly. Is this normal? Torque converter going bad?
Mine does this as well, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also when the HVAC is set on defrost or front vents, I still get air to my feet. Which causes my right foot to be on fire on cold days. I hate my stupid feet.
Never noticed that in mine. Do you have the adjustable pedals? If so, try moving the seat and pedals around to try and get further away from the floor vent.

- NCSU

Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
beautiful truck, I really dig that color with the black interior. I say do what you want, but the roush grille would look sick...and I have never had any heat coming out at my feet unless foot heat is on...I'd get that checked out, and I would lose the rear mudflaps

Last edited by bjp207; 01-09-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 PM

What is the difference between a regular Lariat and a Smokestone Lariat?
Wish I could steal your interior color.
Good choice on the Weathertech floor mats. Front's and rears are very nice.

By description sounds like your torque converter is ok.
Sounds like you have a HVAC air distribution problem. I have no airflow to the floor with vent or defrost selected.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™

What is the difference between a regular Lariat and a Smokestone Lariat?
Smokestone = Exterior color

Old 01-09-2009, 12:41 PM
welcome! very nice!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice truck! Welcome to the site!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Suspended
that interior looks sweet. i thought all smoke stones have a tan interior. i think your truck would look sweet if you did PTM bumpers and some fx4 fender flares. it would be unique but not over done.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm, that color looks very familiar.....

Nice color
I too am in the Chicago area. Get some Mark LT handles! Makes a HUGE difference! KR hubcaps help too. Stealth bulbs in front aren't bad either.....

Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Congrats and welcome.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks everybody. I've been cruising this site, so much good info just have to search, keep up the good work. I think this color looks so much better in person, especially when it changes depending on the light. I also needed a change, my last three cars were silver.

I think I got a pretty good deal on it. $18,500 with factory certification, also I had a trade that I owed $6,000 on. All in all I'm extremely happy.

Originally Posted by 06yz250f
that interior looks sweet. i thought all smoke stones have a tan interior. i think your truck would look sweet if you did PTM bumpers and some fx4 fender flares. it would be unique but not over done.
Thankfully, not all smokestones have a tan interior. I like tan, but being in the construction business I needed black.

Originally Posted by rms8
Hmmmm, that color looks very familiar.....

Nice color
I too am in the Chicago area. Get some Mark LT handles! Makes a HUGE difference! KR hubcaps help too. Stealth bulbs in front aren't bad either.....
I've seen your truck on this site when I was searching, looks great. For next winter I definitely will get some new shoes, Pirellis suck in the snow, thank god for 4x4. Are those 35's, I know I will also need a leveling kit. Your right about the LT handles, they add a lot to your truck. Where did you get those chrome mirror covers, I like em too.

Smokestones Unite!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Nothink like a 06 smokestone Lariat!

I'd add some pics of mine but how the H do you do that here. It says I can't post attachments???

Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Pretty truck, get a leveling kit and ditch the mud flaps. They really take away from a truck imo

Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
Nothink like a 06 smokestone Lariat!

I'd add some pics of mine but how the H do you do that here. It says I can't post attachments???

I just made a free geocities account and uploaded some pics to there. Then just copy the url, and your golden. I don't think you can upload pics to this forum directly from your computer.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I think I figured it out. You can also post pics from your gallery.

These are several months old. Have snce added Foose 20s with Pirelli Scorpions, a Roush tailgate spoiler, Bacflip G2 tonneau cover, rear view camera, cold air intake, dual Flowmasters and alteeza chrome taillights to really enhance the Chrome edition. Thanks to a Christmas morning fender bender she goes into the shop Monday for a new front bumper, facia and other minor work. We're gonna lose the vanity plate then, build a matching Roush lower grille insert and extend the stripes down across the bumper.

Wish I had your interior though instead of the beige/graphite combo. I'll get some new shots when she's all fixed and pretty again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 06 Smokestone Lariat owner