2004 - 2008 F-150

How to remove bed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by PHS79
Actually you can use an engine hoist no matter what size bed you have, you just bring the engine hoist in from the side of the truck instead of the rear. It works pretty good, but we used something that was a little easier last time I had to take a bed off a truck. After taking all the bolts out and removing/disconnecting all wires and hoses I took a couple of ratchet straps and attached them to the cargo hooks on the inside of the bed. Then used our Gehl Telehandler fork lift to lift the bed off, it worked great. The only problem would have been if I would have for got to unhook anything it would have just gotten ripped right off, but it was the easiest way that I had to remove the bed by myself.
From winches, to forklifts, to tractor booms and engine hoists, there are tons of easy 1-person ways to get a pickup bed on an off.

I'm feeling better now that I was talking to fella who does truck customization and he said that taking off a truck bed is easily a 1 person job if you take your time.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used a grinder and turned the tops of the torx heads in to 1" bolts.

Quick Reply: How to remove bed?