2004 - 2008 F-150

Telescoping trailer towing mirrors finally on

Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The price on these mirrors has just dropped on March 1st. They are now $134.75 each at www.tascaparts.com.
You don't offer a 110 % price guarantee like most big stores? I have not had mine 30 days yet and now a price drop!

Nope that is the price, I just ordered me a set. Woo hoo!
You and I need to hang out more often, first the LED tails and now the mirrors, if I can just get you off the 17" wheels.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor
unfortunately we are at the mercy of Ford when it comes to the pricing. Because these are so new we have been ordering them from Ford as each customer requested them. There hadn't been enough sales to justify stocking them until this last order. I imagine there are actually a few dealerships that got stuck with a bunch that they ordered from Ford when they were $190 and probably will not sell them at the lower price until they deplete their stock. I can check to see if Ford does anything on the price protection and let you know.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

really dom, thanks for the heads up on the price.....i bet you will get a bunch of orders for them now.....it is good to have someone like you to keep us up to date on stuff like that....i will be calling you in a week or so to start my camera project!!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Domlogic
unfortunately we are at the mercy of Ford when it comes to the pricing. Because these are so new we have been ordering them from Ford as each customer requested them. There hadn't been enough sales to justify stocking them until this last order. I imagine there are actually a few dealerships that got stuck with a bunch that they ordered from Ford when they were $190 and probably will not sell them at the lower price until they deplete their stock. I can check to see if Ford does anything on the price protection and let you know.

I know I was just kidding, trust me they are well worth the money.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Sweet mod. Can you get a pic of what they look like a little further away from the front corner? Are the puddle lamps brite? Can the be changed to LED's?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by j2h1
Sweet mod. Can you get a pic of what they look like a little further away from the front corner? Are the puddle lamps brite? Can the be changed to LED's?
i believe i have some pics in my gallery from a distance.... check it out....

Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by labman1014
i believe i have some pics in my gallery from a distance.... check it out....
I see. They look kinda too big for me, I really don't tow anything also. Just thought the convex would help. I know Moss has the drivers side convex mirror but maybe I should focus on this camera project like you are doing. Did you order the cam stuff yet? PM me when you get going so I can PM back. Thanks again Labman!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:48 AM

I see. They look kinda too big for me, I really don't tow anything also. Just thought the convex would help. I know Moss has the drivers side convex mirror but maybe I should focus on this camera project like you are doing. Did you order the cam stuff yet? PM me when you get going so I can PM back. Thanks again Labman!
when i get my bonus next week, i will order the camera, handle, tailgate harness, and the mirror harness. i might order 2 tailgate harnesses so i can make a harness that goes from the tailgate to the main harness of the truck. i most likly will go ahead and install that stuff except for them mirror harness. i will post a good how-to in my gallery with pics. it looks like i will get the mirror in about 4 weeks to finish out the job......i will keep everyone informed and tell how pre-08 to do it......later

Old 03-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I have yet to wire up my puddle lamps as its not an option on my 06 truck to be prewired. Once the weather warms up I may make an attempt at it.

you can see more pics in my gallery I have several but not sure how far away each was taken. I have a few from the drivers seat too.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do

This is the same trailer tow mirrors you all using right, the ones that say puddle lamp for a 07, Dont want to order the worng ones. Thanks

Old 03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor
The mirrors they are talking about are the 7L3Z17682AE and 7L3Z17683AE

Old 03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Finnally order a set, woohoo

Old 03-05-2008, 10:35 PM

ok, so it looks like the o6's don't have the wire in there already for the signal lights...where do you pick this wire up?

Is the wire for heat in there?.....I guess I really don't care if they are heated or no t but would be nice if they come with that option...

As for the telescoping feature the whole mirror moves in and out ....what about the glass its self? ....would my current switch control that or do I need a new one?

Last edited by blackjack8900; 03-05-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by blackjack8900
ok, so it looks like the o6's don't have the wire in there already for the signal lights...where do you pick this wire up?

Is the wire for heat in there?.....I guess I really don't care if they are heated or no t but would be nice if they come with that option...

As for the telescoping feature the whole mirror moves in and out ....what about the glass its self? ....would my current switch control that or do I need a new one?
If your 06 came factory with power, heat and signal then your good to go just by plugging it in will allow for heat and power to work, then only change is one ground wire for the signal which is done by moving the number 8 black wire to the number 9 empty location on the 16 pin connector. I don't have a wiring diagram but Labman1014 has in in his gallery, look back in this thread and find his gallery, print it out and follow what needs to be changed.

Yes the whole mirror assembly moves out ,the upper glass has the power and heat, the lower convex glass is manual with no heat, but I have found that once you set it to your liking you'll never need to move it again, you can see the whole world behind you, heck you can even count how many times your rear tires rotate, its that good.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by welfare wagon
If your 06 came factory with power, heat and signal then your good to go just by plugging it in will allow for heat and power to work, then only change is one ground wire for the signal which is done by moving the number 8 black wire to the number 9 empty location on the 16 pin connector. I don't have a wiring diagram but Labman1014 has in in his gallery, look back in this thread and find his gallery, print it out and follow what needs to be changed.

Yes the whole mirror assembly moves out ,the upper glass has the power and heat, the lower convex glass is manual with no heat, but I have found that once you set it to your liking you'll never need to move it again, you can see the whole world behind you, heck you can even count how many times your rear tires rotate, its that good.
I only have power to the mirrors now, no heat or signal

The puddle lamp would be the running light part of it right?

Also does any one know the colors of the wires I would need to get the heat,signal and puddle lamp and where I would find them if they are not in my door?

I will putting in my new speakers this weekend and that would be a good time to look for the wires iif they are in there or not...

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Telescoping trailer towing mirrors finally on