2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 XLT Keyless Entry Pad Code Location??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2006 XLT Keyless Entry Pad Code Location??

Hello all, I'm new to this site.. I've been reading alot of the threads on this subject and couldn't really pin point the location of the code for the keyless entry pad.

I called my local So Cal dealership and asked them how to go about getting the code, and they told me i had to pay roughly $50 to get it from them. I'm not going to pay them to give me a number that should have come with my truck.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the handle (6L3Z-1522405-AB) and looking to install it tomorrow. Can anyone provide some guidance on where inside the vehicle i can find the code??

I have a 2006 F150 XLT Extended Cab(2 1/2) doors.. Forget what ford calls it.. SuperCab maybe?

Thanks in advance, you guys are a great resource for all kinds of tech help!

Thanks

Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

not sure if the supercab is the same but in my crew it was behind the back seat. just removed the top part and it was on the drivers side.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
When I bought the truck, the code wan on a small plastic laminated card inside the truck manual booklet and paperwork. It's great to know where else to find it. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Hello all, I'm new to this site.. I've been reading alot of the threads on this subject and couldn't really pin point the location of the code for the keyless entry pad.

I called my local So Cal dealership and asked them how to go about getting the code, and they told me i had to pay roughly $50 to get it from them. I'm not going to pay them to give me a number that should have come with my truck.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the handle (6L3Z-1522405-AB) and looking to install it tomorrow. Can anyone provide some guidance on where inside the vehicle i can find the code??

I have a 2006 F150 XLT Extended Cab(2 1/2) doors.. Forget what ford calls it.. SuperCab maybe?

Thanks in advance, you guys are a great resource for all kinds of tech help!

Thanks
1. Pull off the rear seat back

2. Lift the sound deadener up and look at the small box behind the drivers seat. It has the code on it

To remove the rear seat back...search on the website. There's several threads including threads about how to get it out to install amps behind the seat back. The quick and dirty version is...

Pop the top off the seat belt bolt cover. Remove the 2 screws

Use a 10mill torx????? to remove the seat belt bolt.

reach under the back and up with one hand, reach around the side with the other. PULL up and PULL HARD up. You can either have your buddy help or do one side at a time.

It's been about 4 months since I pulled it off to find my code so I might be skipping something. Do a search under VSM, security module, or vehicle security.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Thank you all for your responses and the detail at that! I will attempt to do this tomorrow after i pick up the handle.

From what I've read on here, removing the seat can be somewhat a pain, so i hope i can get it off tomorrow.

Is the number marked on the VSM??

Thanks

Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I want to thank all you guys for the contributions of advice and step-by-step explanations of this mod for me.

Everything went good, i had a little trouble with the back seat, but once i referenced back to the instructions provided on here, the seat just "popped" right out.. It was awesome!

The directions for changing out the handle could not have been written any better and helped make the whole process extremely smooth!

Guys again thank you for the advice and saving me a ton of money!

Quick Reply: 2006 XLT Keyless Entry Pad Code Location??