Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Arrow 2006 XLT Keyless Entry Pad Code Location??

Hello all, I'm new to this site.. I've been reading alot of the threads on this subject and couldn't really pin point the location of the code for the keyless entry pad.

I called my local So Cal dealership and asked them how to go about getting the code, and they told me i had to pay roughly $50 to get it from them. I'm not going to pay them to give me a number that should have come with my truck.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the handle (6L3Z-1522405-AB) and looking to install it tomorrow. Can anyone provide some guidance on where inside the vehicle i can find the code??

I have a 2006 F150 XLT Extended Cab(2 1/2) doors.. Forget what ford calls it.. SuperCab maybe?

Thanks in advance, you guys are a great resource for all kinds of tech help!

Thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 ford f150
Send a message via Yahoo to ONE04FX4
Talking

not sure if the supercab is the same but in my crew it was behind the back seat. just removed the top part and it was on the drivers side.
2004 fx4 5.4-VMP TUNING-true dual exhaust-flowmaster muffler dumped-norear cats-k&n intake-granatelli connectors kit-accel supercoils-tru cool max tranny cooler-optima red top-stinger terminals-big three-custom gauges&dash pod-harley heads and tails-foglight bypass-door handle covers-custom stereo-mb motoring vdrive wheels-stock front and lowered two in the back..(mods ingallery click sig)
Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 FORD F150
When I bought the truck, the code wan on a small plastic laminated card inside the truck manual booklet and paperwork. It's great to know where else to find it. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 FX4
Need help w/keyless entry code
14" Magnaflow SI/DO Harley style exit, Resonator delete, Undercover Flex, DeeZee bedmat, DeeZee tailgate assist, AVS in-channels, Ford Accessories splash guards, AudioControl sound processors, kenwood amps, Image Dynamics speakers working with stock MFT/sony system.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Hello all, I'm new to this site.. I've been reading alot of the threads on this subject and couldn't really pin point the location of the code for the keyless entry pad.

I called my local So Cal dealership and asked them how to go about getting the code, and they told me i had to pay roughly $50 to get it from them. I'm not going to pay them to give me a number that should have come with my truck.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the handle (6L3Z-1522405-AB) and looking to install it tomorrow. Can anyone provide some guidance on where inside the vehicle i can find the code??

I have a 2006 F150 XLT Extended Cab(2 1/2) doors.. Forget what ford calls it.. SuperCab maybe?

Thanks in advance, you guys are a great resource for all kinds of tech help!

Thanks
1. Pull off the rear seat back

2. Lift the sound deadener up and look at the small box behind the drivers seat. It has the code on it

To remove the rear seat back...search on the website. There's several threads including threads about how to get it out to install amps behind the seat back. The quick and dirty version is...

Pop the top off the seat belt bolt cover. Remove the 2 screws

Use a 10mill torx????? to remove the seat belt bolt.

reach under the back and up with one hand, reach around the side with the other. PULL up and PULL HARD up. You can either have your buddy help or do one side at a time.

It's been about 4 months since I pulled it off to find my code so I might be skipping something. Do a search under VSM, security module, or vehicle security.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Thank you all for your responses and the detail at that! I will attempt to do this tomorrow after i pick up the handle.

From what I've read on here, removing the seat can be somewhat a pain, so i hope i can get it off tomorrow.

Is the number marked on the VSM??

Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I want to thank all you guys for the contributions of advice and step-by-step explanations of this mod for me.

Everything went good, i had a little trouble with the back seat, but once i referenced back to the instructions provided on here, the seat just "popped" right out.. It was awesome!

The directions for changing out the handle could not have been written any better and helped make the whole process extremely smooth!

Guys again thank you for the advice and saving me a ton of money!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM