2004 - 2008 F-150

How much for transmission fluid flush/change?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for transmission fluid flush/change?

I live in a condo so I don't have the space to do my own oil changes, fluid changes, etc. What can I expect to pay for a transmission fluid change/flush?

I called one shop (they are a BG shop) and they said $230
Another shop said $360

Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
My dealer lists the service (change filter and about 6 or 7 quarts) for $110.40 but I had it done with a coupon from them for $87. They list the flush (changes all the fluid but not the filter) at $182.70.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I got a tranny flush and fill with new fluid for $138 at the dealership. I changed the filter myself and more fluid for $31.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Just called my dealer, they want $180 that doesn't include filter. So another $30 for more fluid and a filter.

I think I will just go with the BG shop.

Thanks guys!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by thais0n
I live in a condo so I don't have the space to do my own oil changes, fluid changes, etc. What can I expect to pay for a transmission fluid change/flush?

I called one shop (they are a BG shop) and they said $230
Another shop said $360
How many miles do you have on it? Please let us know later if you notice any difference after the flush.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
How many miles do you have on it? Please let us know later if you notice any difference after the flush.
I just had mine flushed at the dealer. I didn't notice any difference after. They didn't do the filter they just flush the fluid. I got a filter and some fluid and I'm getting ready to drop the pan and do in a minute. I am curios to see what the inside of the pan is going to look like since it wasn't dropped for the flush. I was at 30K when they did the flush, my mileage is 31K.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
I am at 38K right now....I will let you know if I feel anything.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Done
Well HERE's what the inside of mine looked like. Even after having a complete flush 1K miles ago it was still a little dirty. The fluid was clean but the pan and magnet needed wiped off. Here's a close up of the magnet. Here's the new and old filters, you can see a spot on the old filter where I wiped it clean. I had to remove the rubber ring it didn't come out when I pulled the filter down. Bottom portion of the transmission before wiping it off, after wiping it off, not perfect but it is cleaner. Here's the magnet all cleaned up. Pan ready to reinstall. Dirty rag. The mystery part I remember reading something about a piece of plastic in our pans. I don't remember why it's there but that's it. And the old fluid I got out of my drain pan. Even though that's only about 4 Qts it still took 6 to make it full again. Tranny pan bolts take a 10mm socket and the gasket is reusable.

Went for a ride when I was done and the truck still runs the same

Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
The mystery part I remember reading something about a piece of plastic in our pans. I don't remember why it's there but that's it.
Used when installing the trannys, it plugs it, untill the dipstick tube is installed.

It should, the way the PCM controls the tranny is to keep all shifts/pressure the same over time and trend if needed.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:50 PM
at valvoline instant oil change,you can get a tranny flush for 99.99....maybe less depending on the area.
also for are trucks...you dont need to replace the filter (a screen) until i believe around 150000. Also a simple drain and fill will not get all of the fluid out...more like 40-50 % of it.

Last edited by runnerboy; 10-19-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Done
Well HERE's what the inside of mine looked like. Even after having a complete flush 1K miles ago it was still a little dirty. The fluid was clean but the pan and magnet needed wiped off. Here's a close up of the magnet. Here's the new and old filters, you can see a spot on the old filter where I wiped it clean. I had to remove the rubber ring it didn't come out when I pulled the filter down. Bottom portion of the transmission before wiping it off, after wiping it off, not perfect but it is cleaner. Here's the magnet all cleaned up. Pan ready to reinstall. Dirty rag. The mystery part I remember reading something about a piece of plastic in our pans. I don't remember why it's there but that's it. And the old fluid I got out of my drain pan. Even though that's only about 4 Qts it still took 6 to make it full again. Tranny pan bolts take a 10mm socket and the gasket is reusable.

NICE post whitecrystal!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
Used when installing the trannys, it plugs it, untill the dipstick tube is installed.
GREAT info suzuki... So, they just leave it in there or was that not supposed to be in there (ie: factory goof?)

Really good thread, guys... I'm due for a flush myself and this has been a great read.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I just pulled my receipt out. I paid $121.76 to have the tranny pan dropped (or so they said) and refilled and replacing the fuel filter. I don't see anything on the invoice about the tranny filter. This was done at a Ford dealer.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
I just pulled my receipt out. I paid $121.76 to have the tranny pan dropped (or so they said) and refilled and replacing the fuel filter. I don't see anything on the invoice about the tranny filter. This was done at a Ford dealer.

I have a factory service manual and it says
"Draining the fluid from the transmission pan by removing only the fluid is acceptable for normal or sever duty fluid maintenance."
and again on step four it says
"Do not remove the fluid filter. It is not necessary to change the fluid filter during a normal maintenance fluid change."
Here's the only time Ford recommends a new filter
"If transmission is being repaired for a contamination-related failure, use a new filter and seal. The filter may be reused if no excessive contamination is present."
Even with that said I will change mine. I'm gonna do it every 15K now and continue the 30K flushes. Our fluid capacity is 13.9 quarts. So by servicing the pan between flushes it'll get almost half of the fluid freshened up.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Here's the pricing at my dealer

Oil and Filter change $29.95 * Up to 5 quarts
Tire Balance and Rotation $44.95
Mount and Balance 1 Tire $14.40
Scheduled Maintenance $42.95 "The Works"
Cooling System Flush $99.99 or $149.95 for a BG flush
Check Belts and Hoses Free!
A/C & Heating System Check $69.95
Replace Battery $79.95 * Battery Only
Replace Wiper Blades $29.95 * Blades Included
Replace Front Brake Pads $99.95 * Pad Install Only
Replace Shock Absorbers $149.95
Transmission Flush (auto) $120.99 or $189.95 for a BG flush
Replace Air Filter $24.95

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much for transmission fluid flush/change?