2004 - 2008 F-150

Lariat vs. FX4

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 4X4 vs. 2x4 thread has begun I see. Fair enough. However I am getting it for other reasons rather that going mudding. The previous 4 F150s I have owned did everything that I needed them to do and they were only 2wd. The only 4wd I have owned was a K10 and the 4wd unit gave out when I needed it but since it had 35" mud diggers it still kicked ****.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by QWIK 150
The 4X4 vs. 2x4 thread has begun I see. Fair enough. However I am getting it for other reasons rather that going mudding. The previous 4 F150s I have owned did everything that I needed them to do and they were only 2wd. The only 4wd I have owned was a K10 and the 4wd unit gave out when I needed it but since it had 35" mud diggers it still kicked ****.

in the end, it's your money man. you'll do whatever you want with it.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by 5.4-FX4
in the end, it's your money man. you'll do whatever you want with it.

Agree. There is a truck out there for everyone

Old 01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I got the Lariat because I wanted two tone paint. If the stealership would have had a two tone FX4 I would have got that. And I actually use my 4x4...
I'm only 25 so enough with the old fart comments

Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
RockPick the friendly MOD is way way way under 50 and drives a King Ranch. I am 27 and drive a King Ranch. You just are not looking hard enough.
Yep... I've owned a KR since age 25.

Ford saw a disconnect between XLT & Lariat. This paved the way for other models and, as such, Ford saw this as an opportunity... thus, they inserted the FX4 in to the mix. Further, they saw folks that were willing to even step it up a notch from the Lariat and thus, they added the HD and KR.

It's just a good array of options across the board for everyone who wants/needs/desires to drive a truck -- be it 2wd or 4wd. Get what you need and/or want.

There's no need to rip on anyone else's selection of trucks nor draw any type of stereotypical opinion about who drives what where and when... be thankful we have options, choices and the privaledge to make those choices. It was someone else's money getting what they bought -- not yours -- respect that and let it be.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 PM
I ordered a 2007 Reg cab F150 XLT 4x4 in September. By the first of December it still hadn't come in and I decided to go with a new 2006. I looked at a white/tan Lariet screw 4x4 with a 6.5' bed and a FX4 Plus red & Gray screw with a 6.5' box. The Lariet rode a bit softer but the guage pod and tan interior didn't appeal to me. The FX4 rode rougher but felt like it handled better and the black interior was more to my liking. Dad is 69 and i'm 34 and oddly both of us liked the FX4 over the Lariet. My brother is 43 and likes the Lariet he has over anything. I've had the FX4 for six weeks and don't regret my choice.

Stephen

Old 01-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Yep... I've owned a KR since age 25.

Ford saw a disconnect between XLT & Lariat. This paved the way for other models and, as such, Ford saw this as an opportunity... thus, they inserted the FX4 in to the mix. Further, they saw folks that were willing to even step it up a notch from the Lariat and thus, they added the HD and KR.

It's just a good array of options across the board for everyone who wants/needs/desires to drive a truck -- be it 2wd or 4wd. Get what you need and/or want.

There's no need to rip on anyone else's selection of trucks nor draw any type of stereotypical opinion about who drives what where and when... be thankful we have options, choices and the privaledge to make those choices. It was someone else's money getting what they bought -- not yours -- respect that and let it be.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by 5.4-FX4
don't know man, whether they'll admit it or not, everyone that buys a 2wd truck ends up wishing they'd bought a 4wd, or spending money trying to make it LOOK like a 4wd.

like i've always said: "its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!"

Don't have it, don't need it. Live in Orlando, no hills, no snow = 4 X 4 no sense. I'm not into off roading so I went with a 4 X 2. Honestly, I think most people who have 4 x 4's have them just to say they have them. The people that I know that have them say they hardly ever use it and it was a waste of money. Of course, this is in Orlando if I lived up north than I would get a 4 x 4 no doubt.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick

I agree! It's bad enough people give you crap about driving Ford's over other trucks. Now if we buy F-150's we argue over what model you got? lol

Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
QWIK..no to be an *** or anything but this question has been asked at least once a month (it seems) for the last 2 years.
Try the last FOUR years.

It was officially determined that the FX4 was the better truck.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Thats right..FX4's have more fun...

BREW
That must be at paragon...went there all the time with my rock crawling jeep

Did you know that Paragon is threated to closing ?? i think its the lordland want to sell the land to larger crop for money!!

YOMAN!

Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Guigster
Try the last FOUR years.

It was officially determined that the FX4 was the better truck.

Hey...thats my truck..

I knew it was the BEST

BREW

Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Lariat/ FX4.... it's the SAME TRUCK! Same frame, Same engine, Same suspension (except shocks) Same Trans, Same Seats if you get the (OPTIONAL) captains seats in the FX4, Same stereo, Same wheel size, Same tires, The FX4 has a skid plate pkg.... does this mean if the Lariat guys install skid plates and put on a set of off road shocks we got a FX4 Lariat? I don't think so. The FX4 is a less optioned Lariat with skid plates and different shocks. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. As far as the FX4 being the best..... it is ALL Ford trucks that are the BEST. It has been the best selling pickup for a long long time period. A certain package (and a weak one at that) does not make it a better truck. There are some trucks on here that are not FX4's and are better suited to off road than any FX4 thought of being! This thread is pointless! GEESH, you slap a $12 sticker on the bed, slap some stamped steel skid plates on it and some Rancho wanna -be shocks on it and call it the BEST? I don't think so. IT is Advertising people.... maybe some of you have heard about it. Toyota has it... it is called TRD... It is pretty much the same deal and they install this on 2WD trucks. Nissan uses it also... it is called NISMO.... they also use it on 2wd trucks. Chevy has the Z71, and Dodge has the 4x4 Off Road. They are all the same trucks, usually the interior is a lot less optioned and the suspension has different shocks and a skid plate pkg thats it.

Last edited by the4by4freek; 01-29-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong - but I don't think you can get heated seats on the FX4 any more. That's what the dealer told me anyway......

That's a killer for anyone with back problems.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by GONO2
Please correct me if I am wrong - but I don't think you can get heated seats on the FX4 any more. That's what the dealer told me anyway......

That's a killer for anyone with back problems.
I'm not too sure about that but I don't doubt it one bit.

Quick Reply: Lariat vs. FX4