2004 - 2008 F-150

Lariat vs. FX4

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperSport1985
If you want something sporty I would either go with the FX4 or FX2. I really think that those Lariats look like old people trucks honestly, here in Illinois I always see older folks driving those Lariats.
Yeah, my Lariat sure looks like an Old Farts truck. Hmmmm, my wife tells me it's the topper. If I get rid of the topper, can I dump in the alley with you young pups?

Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by GordoPanocho
Ah, but you're not getting the full amount (extra) that you paid for 4X4. ...Any resale value is going to be depreciated. You pay more up front, and you get a pro-rated portion upon resale. So, that argument doesn't really hold water.
Look again. If you could price two identical trucks, except for the drive line (2X4 and 4X4), you'd see you do not lose on the return. Not too long ago, I went through this with my boss to prove the extra cash paid for a 4X4 DID come back. Yes, it is locked up in a vehicle and if you don't use it you could put you extra cash into something you DO use.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:58 AM
i am not trying to say that everyone should buy a 4x4. some people dont need it your right, however our trucks are vacum hubbed so your are not getting any worse gas milage then a 4x2 with an extra person in it.

Now maybe you wouldnt buy a 4x4 used but there are also people that wont buy a 4x2. I am simply saying that when you look at the trade in price of a 4x2 compared to a 4x4 you will usually get your 2500-3000 back you paid for it.

so if you think you will use the 4x4 it pays off to buy a truck that has it.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ-F150
I like the FX4 interior better. You basicly get carbon fiber trim vs. Wood grain and a silverish gray dash vs. a tan dash. Mine has the gray leather seats. Just depends on what you prefer. As far as value of your truck, if you ever sell it, the Lariat will maintain a higher blue book value than an FX4.

Uhm, my Lariat has the "silverish gray dash" too...

Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 AM
i also have the same interior as rms8

Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 AM
If you want something sporty I would either go with the FX4 or FX2. I really think that those Lariats look like old people trucks honestly, here in Illinois I always see older folks driving those Lariats.

Yeah, with all those years under your belt you must be a professional statistician with comments like that. Please tell us all exactly how old does one look pulling a 10 second Mustang to the race track in a kick azz monotone Lariat?

Thanks in advance Professor!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Both the Lariat and the FX4 have the silvery-grey portion on the dash. The FX4 only comes with black interior(you can get grey seats in cloth or leather but the rest of the interior is black) whereas the Lariat comes with either black or tan interior. The king ranch has the same silver-grey portion on the dash as the lariat, but only comes with a tan interior and those ugly a$$ brown leather seats, afterall a king ranch is a Lariat ( it's a special option package only available on the Lariats) Now the Harley Davidson has a high gloss black on the dash instead of the silver-grey and only comes with black interior.

Hey rms8, I see you have the 40-20-40 seats in your Lariat, would you be interested in an XLT Console to put in place of the center 20 seat? It's allready custom painted silver-grey and black to match a lariat interior.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 PM
L ame
A ss
R etard
I n
A
T ruck

Go FX4!!!

Sorry I saw this a couple of years ago and thought it was funny!!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by campinfamily
L ame
A ss
R etard
I n
A
T ruck

Go FX4!!!

Sorry I saw this a couple of years ago and thought it was funny!!

Wow...tough crowd. I hope to be a L.A.R.I.A.T some day. I really like the bells and whistles it offers and the interior.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Both the Lariat and the FX4 have the silvery-grey portion on the dash. The FX4 only comes with black interior(you can get grey seats in cloth or leather but the rest of the interior is black) whereas the Lariat comes with either black or tan interior. The king ranch has the same silver-grey portion on the dash as the lariat, but only comes with a tan interior and those ugly a$$ brown leather seats, afterall a king ranch is a Lariat ( it's a special option package only available on the Lariats) Now the Harley Davidson has a high gloss black on the dash instead of the silver-grey and only comes with black interior.

Hey rms8, I see you have the 40-20-40 seats in your Lariat, would you be interested in an XLT Console to put in place of the center 20 seat? It's allready custom painted silver-grey and black to match a lariat interior.
Hmmm, nice offer. The sole reason I got the 40-20-40 seat is I like the open floor space in the front which it affords. Thanks for the offer though!!!!!!

PS: Just looked at your gallery and see that your console does leave some room open in the front. Nice. I do like the added seat though and actually had the need more than once for the 6th passenger ability. Nice job on the console too!!!

Last edited by rms8; 01-16-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
This is funny! My neighbor has an FX4 and when he saw my Lariat he wished he had gotten it instead of the FX4. More refined, smoother ride, more bells and whistles, yup I guess I'm a Retard. As far as the comments from others.... it might just be where you live. I get comments all the time. They are from all genders and all ages. Most of them tell me that the truck is beautiful! I tell them thank you and thats about it. Some of the guys want to check it out.... They open the door and can't believe that the interior is so nice. The only difference on the exterior is the grille, wheels, and the paint scheme. They have the same tires. It is the same truck! The Lariat is just better equipped. Oh and for those that said it is a 50 somethin' truck along with the KR... I call BS! I am in my mid 30's. The next truck I own will be a 250 and it will be a Lariat also. I spend a lot of time in my truck and I shouldn't have to deal with any less creature comforts.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by the4by4freek
This is funny! My neighbor has an FX4 and when he saw my Lariat he wished he had gotten it instead of the FX4. More refined, smoother ride, more bells and whistles, yup I guess I'm a Retard. As far as the comments from others.... it might just be where you live. I get comments all the time. They are from all genders and all ages. Most of them tell me that the truck is beautiful! I tell them thank you and thats about it. Some of the guys want to check it out.... They open the door and can't believe that the interior is so nice. The only difference on the exterior is the grille, wheels, and the paint scheme. They have the same tires. It is the same truck! The Lariat is just better equipped. Oh and for those that said it is a 50 somethin' truck along with the KR... I call BS! I am in my mid 30's. The next truck I own will be a 250 and it will be a Lariat also. I spend a lot of time in my truck and I shouldn't have to deal with any less creature comforts.

The person who made the "old person" comment was in his early 20's. So 30 is old to him. Actually, when he hits 25, he will get cheaper insurence, so that also may be a milestone and considered "old" LOL.

Unfortunatly, I'll be 39 this year. I'm amazed. BTW, beautiful "old peeps" Lariat!!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by crazynip
I dont understand it why you see so many 4x4 vehicles in Florida. About 1% of them will ever make it off the pavement for anything other than a u-turn
I guess you don't live in the right part of Florida than. .

I really think that those Lariats look like old people trucks honestly, here in Illinois I always see older folks driving those Lariats.
Everyone has their own opinion so I'm not going to rag on you too hard but I'll be the guy in a LARIAT passing you, looking down at you!!

Old 01-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I did not intend this to become a pissing contest on which on is better. I only asked for the differences. If I wanted to pass 95% of the trucks/cars I would keep my lightning!! But now I am wanting to carry more people comfortably and have more bells an whistles instead of a motor that is putting 443HP/520TQ to the ground.

I have seen both the Lariat and FX4. I like them both but am actually looking into an FX2 sport with most options but a moonroof and that is because it has the DVD system.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by QWIK 150
just looked at an FX2 sport package.It is really sweet. It has all the bells and whistles, DVD , Navigation etc.... Only thing it is not is 4wd.I have yet to need 4wd. Has anyone seen the new 2007 FX2 sport? The front end looks like a lightning.

don't know man, whether they'll admit it or not, everyone that buys a 2wd truck ends up wishing they'd bought a 4wd, or spending money trying to make it LOOK like a 4wd.

like i've always said: "its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!"

Quick Reply: Lariat vs. FX4