2004 - 2008 F-150

Is there a fuse box under the hood?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a fuse box under the hood?

I am having some trouble and am out of ideas. I was installing an alarm on my truck and all was fine yesterday but today is a different story. Currently my dome light does not come on when I open any of the doors or when I use my FOB to unlock the doors. My fuel gauge does not read anything. When I first turn the key it goes up very little and then drops back down as if the truck was turned off. I just filled the tank yesterday so I know there is fuel in the tank. The stereo does not turn off when I open the door. The stereo has absolutely no sound but it powers on. The stereo is a Kenwood 7017 and the navigation and DVD player work but there is just no sound. I have checked every fuse in the fuse box behind the passenger side kick panel and they are all good. I tested each fuse w/ a meter in case it was just a hair line break. only thing I noticed when installing the alarm was that when I was probing for a wire the stereo came on while I had the probe on it and it turned off as soon as I removed the probe. Is there another fuse box under the hood? I thought there was but I sure cant find it if there is. I have completely removed the alarm and it still is not working.

Almost forgot this part, it has me puzzled the most....... The truck will start if the headlight switch is in the auto position or turned off. If I turn it to the parking lamp position or manually turn on the headlights while the engine is running it kills the engine. Also it will not start with the switch in either the parking light or manual on position. This one has me more perplexed than anything.

The truck is a 2004 F150 SCREW if that matters.......

Last edited by GB150; 10-15-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
There's a relay box mounted on the driver's side of the engine compartment, that's it.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a relay box under the hood on the drivers side (2004's) above the wheel well near where the intake system is. You may want to check those.
I had almost the exact same issues you are having and had to remove my efans as the controllers were causing my electrical issues. I had the radio and some lights turning on in the middle of the night !!!! Had the same issue with the radio delay not operating properly when I opened the door also....
Good luck...

Old 10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
There's a relay box mounted on the driver's side of the engine compartment, that's it.

Thanks Quintin. That's what I thought but somebody was telling me that there was a fuse box under tha hood also. I looked in the manual and I dont think those relays would have anything to do w/ my issues. Anybody have any ideas what else to check?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:37 PM
OK, I just got my programmer out (dont ask why I didn't start w/ this) and it's giving me the following DTC's:

P0463- Fuel level sens circuit high input (my fuel gauge bottoms out)
P2100- Throttle actuator ctrl motor circ/open
P2107- Throttle actuator ctrl mod processor
P2110- Throttle actuator ctrl system - Forced limited RPM

I didn't notice the idiot light before but I just went and checked and the engine light is on and the wrench light is not. Any ideas or am I stuck taking it to the dealer?

Old 10-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Is it a remote start alarm, security alarm, or both? Which alarm is it?

Old 10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by swhite005
Is it a remote start alarm, security alarm, or both? Which alarm is it?
It's the CA 670 alarm/remote start. Actually I didn't even finish installing it. I had most of it done last night but it started to get dark so I decided to finish it today. Last night I could lock/unlock the doors, arm and disarm the alarm. I hadn't even tried to hook up the PATS bypass yet. Like I said, all was good last night. This morning I went out and the dome light wouldn't come on, no sound from the stereo, radio wouldn't shut when I removed the key and opened the door. It would however timeout after 10 minutes. But the strangest part is that if I turn on the parking lights or manually turn on the headlights, the truck will crank but not start. If the truck is running and I turn it to one of those positions it will kill the engine. In the auto headlight position or turned off, it will start everytime. The system has been completely removed and it's still doing the same thing.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Long shot

This is a long shot, being over 10 years old. But i had the exact same situation with my 04 f150 when installing my remote start. What ended up being the problem?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:20 AM
Try checking your fuses on the passenger side panel. I had this happen to me when I was putting on some leds on my dome lights. Somehow I created a short in the system and burned one of the fuses. That one fuse that was burned wouldn't allow my gauges to work, my a/c wouldn't work, the radio wouldn't work, and the windows wouldn't go down. It's crazy how much a small fuse can affect the truck. I don't remember which was the exact fuse as it happened a few years ago but start there before over thinking the problem.

Quick Reply: Is there a fuse box under the hood?