2004 - 2008 F-150

Fuel pump relay location

Old 10-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pump relay location

Where the hell is it on a 2005. The manual doesn't refer to it at all. I need to drain my gas tank of bad gas and need the pump to stay on. Turning on the ignition just doesn't do it. I need to short the relay and I don't know where it is. I've called dealerships and done searches since 2 this afternoon and I'M GOING *******ING CRAZY!

Old 10-01-2006, 03:09 AM
under the passenger dash by the floorboard.
Little push button

Old 10-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by cyberart4
I need to short the relay
Are you crazy. Do you mean to say You need to jump the relay. Or you'll have some fireworks.
If you still can't find it. I have a shop manual at home let me know and I'll look it up. But first check where TeckBargins says it is. I don't know with out looking it up.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't recommend doing that, the pump wasn't designed for that purpose. Your almost guaranteed to overheat the pump or the relay, maybe both. Get yourself a siphon and pull the fuel out manually, not only is this safer but you'll have more control over whats going on. This can be important if you underestimate the size of the container for the amount of fuel you think is in the tank.

My 2 cents based on experience.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 AM
jumping the relay will not turn the fuel pump on. it will only give the fuel pump driver module power. And using a syphone through the filler neck will not work, you'll never get the hose into the tank. The only two options you have, using a scan tool to turn the fuel pump pid on through the pcm and disconnecting the fuel line before the fuel filter and draining it into a tank. Or dropping the fuel tank, removing the fuel pump and then syphoning it all out. hope this helps.

Name:  fuelpump.jpg
Views: 11103
Size:  69.2 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump relay location