2004 - 2008 F-150

"Shaker 1000" '05+ Mustang Sound System Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Shaker 1000" '05+ Mustang Sound System Swap

Wow is all I can say, the bass on this thing is not annoying and I can still breathe, hear the treble, etc just fine. I love this system, the best sounding to date, and it's stock! It's a $1295 option on the new mustangs, am really interested in putting this in my truck. They looked to be about 10" subs (2) in the trunk and would like some more info. The headunit is easily swappable, what else is included in this system. I was sitting in the mustang while detailing it and saw the "Shaker1000" logo, had to listen. I have limited exposure to expensive sound systems but this is the best I've ever heard, very well balanced like my Audiophile w/8" sub, Ford does well in this department but I'd have liked the option of the Shaker over Audiophile Premium.

If you have an opinion on how this system sounds or information on what it consists of let me know, I'd like to hear how virgin my ears are (if they may be).

Old 08-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pssh. Get a aftermarket system! They will blow the "shaker 1000" out of the water. My system will for sure blow it away.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM
I had the Mach 1000 in my 03Gt. It consisted of 6amps, 2 10inch woofers, 2 8inch woofers, 2 tweeters, and I'm not sure what was in the back decklid.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
pssh. Get a aftermarket system! They will blow the "shaker 1000" out of the water. My system will for sure blow it away.
Unless you have at least two amps and two 10" subs you're not coming close to the Shaker. Just adding a aftermarket HU to the Audiophile system won't give you Shaker performance. You also have to add more speakers and amps.

Duke

Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Thats not even close to a correct statement, he is right a good aftermarket system will blow that out of the water. Get (1) amp and lets say (1) kicker solobaric or a JL W7 sub and you will cry over how REAL audio sounds compared to shaker. Its proven (ask anyone who knows car audio) Factory systems can't compare to what you can do with aftermarket. Factory speakers are often made cheap, and the 2 amps won't touch a good aftermarket one. For 1200 you can put the shaker to rest

Old 08-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I got a "Shaker 1000" HU off of ebay for about $150.....I just don't have the sub-woofer, but I would have to say, I'll bet adding aftermarket speakers to this HU would really wake it up, AND I can keep all of the factory functions, Like the steering wheel controls.....I probably could easily add a subwoofer too....I thinks it a great factory setup, and I think you could probably find one off of ebay for cheap. It's a good option!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Luke5181
Thats not even close to a correct statement, he is right a good aftermarket system will blow that out of the water. Get (1) amp and lets say (1) kicker solobaric or a JL W7 sub and you will cry over how REAL audio sounds compared to shaker. Its proven (ask anyone who knows car audio) Factory systems can't compare to what you can do with aftermarket. Factory speakers are often made cheap, and the 2 amps won't touch a good aftermarket one. For 1200 you can put the shaker to rest

You obviously did not read what I wrote clearly. An aftermarket HU with audiophile OEM system will not be better then the shaker system because you'd need aftermarket speakers, sub, and amp on the aftermarket HU to make it better.

Nobody's debating that aftermarket equipment is better then OEM. But an OEM speaker setup with an aftermarket HU is not going to be better then a complete shaker system. The Ford F150 audiophile system doesn't have what it takes power wise to challenge the shaker system, even if the F150 has an aftermarket HU. You'd need to add an aftermarket amp and sub.

There I don't know how many times I said it, but I wrote it at least 5 more times so I'm clearer.

Duke

Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Ok well. I have the Alpine IVA-W200 dvd player deck, All four door speakers have Infinity speakers with tweaters, JL 250-1 amp for the JL audio stealthbox which consists of one JL 10w3V2 sub. Also I have a cheapo sony amp to power all my door speakers. This is not the best setup but it rocks for whatever I need, and will by far destroy any stock audiphile bumper 1000 system.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok well. I have the Alpine IVA-W200 dvd player deck, All four door speakers have Infinity speakers with tweaters, JL 250-1 amp for the JL audio stealthbox which consists of one JL 10w3V2 sub. Also I have a cheapo sony amp to power all my door speakers. This is not the best setup but it rocks for whatever I need, and will by far destroy any stock audiphile bumper 1000 system.
Have you heard the Shaker 1000? I like the Shakers subs because they sound like a home theatre, very groundshaking and sharp, if that makes sense. It sounds like a quake coming, not a thump. The "Solobaric" can't compare, I've heard'em before. I have heard many aftermarket systems and they have all been terrible because people seem to have no idea how to balance in regards to sq, I can never hear what they're saying (the shaker balances perfectly), they overdo the bass almost everytime. The shakers bass is very loud, it rattles the car but inside it sounds great. It's very hard to depict sound frequencies with words but I hope you actually listen to the system (just walk into a dealership, say you're looking to purchase this system from them).

Don't get me wrong, I've only heard a few high quality car audio systems (comp systems usually) and they are rediculously bassy. I think there is a little credit to be given, the creators of the Shaker probably knew what they were doing for Ford to give them the goahead. They balanced a great system, as usual. My Audiophile w/8" sub is just not loud enough sometimes, but it's quality is nice. Can any of you say your system can compete with a home audio system. Imo the shaker can, and I've heard nothing to date as professional and well planned as it. I wish I could have my home theatre in my truck but I'll settle for the shaker anyday. Try not to flame and give credit where credit is due, I have heard some pretty sad systems and I wouldn't go anymore than these 10" subs. I also can't imagine going any louder on the treble, the ONLY thing I can imagine is higher quality audio (it was the best quality I've heard, but I'm sure there's a little better out there).

Old 08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I guess I have to hear this "shaker" thing sometime if I ever get to go to a meet WAYYYY up in Pismo. My system is very balanced. I dont like the BIG boomy bass, and I set mine low enough to sound good but high enough to rattle my windows. I can personaly vouche for myself and say my system sounds like a movie theater when I am watching a dvd on my player. I am not dissing this at all, I myself would spend the extra cash on a aftermarket system and set it to the preferences you like.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I love how ford claims peak power. lol

Old 08-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I agree that a good COMPLETE aftermarket system could be the Shaker 1000, but the Shaker 1000 is pretty darn good; better then some aftermarket systems I've heard. Yes I've heard both awesome aftermarket systems, so-so ones and the the Shaker system. The Shaker 1000 will definitely suprise you.

Duke

Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Sorry Duke, I thought you were saying that the shaker is better or comparable to a good aftermarket system. A stock headunit does give a bit of an upgrade to factory speakers, but not significant enough to get that without speakers as well. All I was saying was that the stock system isn't worth the 1200 they take you for, not even close. also I remember reading somewhere that you can get an adapter that lets you control aftermarket headunits with the steering controls, if I remember its around 80.00 try crutchfield

Old 08-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I want to hear your system...

J/K

I have a buddy that has a new mustang w/ the shaker 1000...it sounds decent for stock.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's a shaker stereo on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW
I know it's only a shaker 500, but I know nothing.

Quick Reply: "Shaker 1000" '05+ Mustang Sound System Swap