2004 - 2008 F-150

ways to run a cb antenna wire from the roof to the inside of the cab:

Old 05-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ways to run a cb antenna wire from the roof to the inside of the cab:

I got a magnet cb antenna for the roof of my truck but I cant find a good place to run the wire. I dont want to run it through the windows or the light because it might leak so is there any other way to get it inside the cab without drilling a hole?

Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
I got a magnet cb antenna for the roof of my truck but I cant find a good place to run the wire. I dont want to run it through the windows or the light because it might leak so is there any other way to get it inside the cab without drilling a hole?
Unscrew the brake light, from outside you can press down a little on headliner and grab it from inside. Just be careful with the seal, you might need to go to home depot and get some ruber seal.. ( is that how you spell seal? )

I run it out of brake light on the bottom, then screw brake light in, then wrap it around outside of brake light to hide antenna. ( this prevents leak issue)

But I run my sirius cable out through 3rd brake light and run along driver side headliner till it goes down by emergency brake and run under steering to behind dash.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:46 AM
couple more questions..

I want to mount my cb in the tray up about the radio, but the bracket is about half an inch too wide to fit in there. is there a special bracket made to fit in that tray for the cobra 29 wx? also, has anyone ran the antenna cable under the truck on the drivers side and ran it through where those other cables are going up by the gas pedal?

Last edited by captain morgan8; 05-12-2006 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:10 AM

The bracket for my cb is exactly the same width as the tray but too low, so I made a "spacer" that you can almost see in this pic. Nice thing is, you also can barely see it in real life. The bottom of the bracket is now level with the side of the tray, so you could do the same thing.

Spacer is 4 thick steel washers, soldered together and then painted flat black. Because the tray is black and there is no light, you just see the dark space under the radio if you get down low enough to look back there.

I took the pad out, so that when the radio comes back out, the holes in the tray will be covered.

My antenna is wired under the truck and runs in the grommet by the go pedal, also.

I have since gone to a shorter antenna, but this is much more convenient than a magnetic mount.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:33 PM
You cab also run the coax in thru the cab vents which are on either side of the back of the cab. My antenna is mounted on the bedrail and thus the coax wouldn't be seen down the back window.

A few pics of some of the install here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/211279714mbUZan

Last edited by resopkr; 05-12-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ways to run a cb antenna wire from the roof to the inside of the cab: