2004 - 2008 F-150

Edge: Pod Finally Painted

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge: Pod Finally Painted

Well here it is. . the color match isn't perfect but for $8 in painting supplies and a few minutes of my time, it was worth it. The first picture the camera makes the color difference seem much worse than it really is though because flash when off.

I started off cleaning the pod with a lint-free paper towel and some alcohol. Let it dry, sprayed 2 coats of Dupli-Color Gray (T183W) and than a final coat of Dupli-Color Gunmetal (T177W)

Here you can see the difference in the speedometer and the Edge mph read-out.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Holy $hiat, your snapping pictures at over 80 mph LOL

looks good.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
The picture makes it look like it is too "glossy."

The color looks perfect though!

Old 02-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by PenguinFX4
The picture makes it look like it is too "glossy."
Yup, I wish there was a way to make it dull just like the dash.

The Gunmetal color is a PERFECT match to the dash when sprayed on a piece of card-board. Im almost considering sanding it to get rid of the 'texture' but until it annoys me enough, its staying the way it is.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Yup, I wish there was a way to make it dull just like the dash.

The Gunmetal color is a PERFECT match to the dash when sprayed on a piece of card-board. Im almost considering sanding it to get rid of the 'texture' but until it annoys me enough, its staying the way it is.
Thump, how do you like it so far? Was it worth the cash? Im really thinking about getting one but id like to actaully try one first. But, is there a noticable difference from the seat of the pants feeling or not so much as its just a head thing?

Old 02-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I love mine. Woke up the truck. Absolutely no problems installing or running it.

were are you located, you can try mine if you are close by.

Then all the guages are a really cool plus. I give it a

Some have had problems with certain computer codes not yet supported but I think those are pretty much resolved. And some just plain dont like it. I figured I would try it and sell on ebay if not satisfied. Now, just try to take it away from me

Old 02-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Suspended
The Edge is one of the best things you can do for your truck, just like every other tuner for the most part. I bought the Edge because of the 'bling' factor and wanted to be able to monitor my TFT. Im running level 3 with 93 octane and its amazing. I also gained a little more than 2 mpg according to the 'Message Center' I'd highly recommend it.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red05stx
I love mine. Woke up the truck. Absolutely no problems installing or running it.

were are you located, you can try mine if you are close by.

Then all the guages are a really cool plus. I give it a

Some have had problems with certain computer codes not yet supported but I think those are pretty much resolved. And some just plain dont like it. I figured I would try it and sell on ebay if not satisfied. Now, just try to take it away from me
Thanks for the offer, im from Iowa. Im waiting on Brewdude to get a buy back, if he does that is...and i may try his out if he gets one.

Im thinking as soon as summer gets here ill end up getting one. I just dont want to get a bad egg and ruin my computer in the truck or anything else you know? I have an uncle thats a mechanic at ford and a few good friends and they tell me to stay away. But what do they know?

Old 02-15-2006, 06:46 PM
well, anytime you start changing things there is always that possibility of breaking something. Then again things break when you dont do to anything to em also. Sometimes if you wanna play you gotta pay, otherwise stay off the playground. lol

Old 02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Awesome!! I like that look!! Red05, I have the 05 4.6 as well. How can you compare the shifts and power befor and after edge?? What other performance mods are you running besides flowmaster... My mods are listed below (not many yet) but I plan on using 87 octane mostly, maybe a 93 octane when I feel like really havin fun... I dont tow things very often, just the buddies bass boat couple times a summer... Any info appreciated!! Thanks

Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned
Looks awesome man!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:35 PM
JonF150,

only other things I have besides the exhaust and tuner is a K and N drop in, silencer removed. The truck feels much more responsive. I have only tried the 93 level 3 tune. It shifts much more positive and feels lighter all around, like it lost 500 lbs. And when you floor it oh boy, it really wakes up and lets you know u are moving, unlike the lag before. Then you have all those cool guages. Transmission temp, Intake air temp, timing, etc etc etc 19 total.
I would have bought this thing for the guages alone at that price. Plus it reads and clears dtc codes!

Old 02-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Sweet! Any sites to buy from particularly? I didn't find a listing on ebay for the 4.6, but I will keep searching. Although, I should stop as it wont be untill May that I can purchase it as a "graduation" present from therapy school

Old 02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
not bad

Old 02-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Well here it is. . the color match isn't perfect but for $8 in painting supplies and a few minutes of my time, it was worth it. The first picture the camera makes the color difference seem much worse than it really is though because flash when off.

I started off cleaning the pod with a lint-free paper towel and some alcohol. Let it dry, sprayed 2 coats of Dupli-Color Gray (T183W) and than a final coat of Dupli-Color Gunmetal (T177W)
Did you get these paints at Wally World??

Quick Reply: Edge: Pod Finally Painted