Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2004 - 2008 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!





Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
What size speakers?

What speakers are in the supercrew? like front and rear are they 6.5 in the rear or what? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brooksville, Florida
Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
Posts: 243
Send a message via Yahoo to 04xlt
Try looking in the Speakers forum. Im sure you can find out there
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Indiana
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 442
Send a message via AIM to Indiana-red4x4 Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana-red4x4
6x8 all around in mine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Thanks Indian.. I'll also check the speaker forums..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,258
what kind of speakers are you thinkin bout getting?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
what kind of speakers are you thinkin bout getting?
I'm thinking pioneer or a friend of mine has some clarions. but he refuses to go see their size lol.. I know my parents said they would buy me some speakers for my birthday.. So i'm trying to investigate so when I'm asked what I want I can say..
I'm confused anything you see there isn't 6x8 theres 6x9..

Last edited by JJG052590; 02-06-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
Posts: 335
Send a message via Yahoo to LsuSuperCrew
5x7 or 6x8 same size. Only size used by Ford that I can remember. Go here and input your model truck and it will tell you what speakers will fit with no modifications and some that will fit with a slight mod to your doors.

Crutchfield
__________________


2005 XLT Supercrew
Mods:
Harley Grill, Edge Evolution, Daystar Leveling Kit, 285/65/18 BFG AT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Quote:
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
5x7 or 6x8 same size. Only size used by Ford that I can remember. Go here and input your model truck and it will tell you what speakers will fit with no modifications and some that will fit with a slight mod to your doors.

Crutchfield
Thanks..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Albany, GA
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F250
Posts: 2,651
They are 6x8s. I went with componets in the front (6x8 woofer and a tweeter in the stock tweeter hole) and 3-way coaxials in the rear.


FRONT:
Click the image to open in full size.

REAR:
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________

2004 SuperCrew Lariat *SOLD*

New truck - 2008 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4 w/6.4L PS TD

Click here to visit my gallery
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
They are 6x8s. I went with componets in the front (6x8 woofer and a tweeter in the stock tweeter hole) and 3-way coaxials in the rear.


FRONT:
Click the image to open in full size.

REAR:
Click the image to open in full size.

How much did you pay for the tweeters and would you recommend getting new tweeters? When I got my headunit I got 2 2way 6.5" DUAL(brand) speakers.. lol do these suck so bad that they aren't worth using?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brooksville, Florida
Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
Posts: 243
Send a message via Yahoo to 04xlt
You can find a good set or 5x7s orm 6x8s coaxials for $100. If you want to go with Tweeters then get a set of components for the fronts and Coaxilals in the rear. Component Speakers are A 5x7 woofer, tweeter and crossover that are seperate pieces and are around $150+. Coaxial are one speaker with all 3 built in.Components produce the best sound. Look at Crutchfield or CircuitCity.com they run decent prices for both
__________________
'04 XLT Bright Red SCAB
Eagle Alloy 187 18x9
Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18
power slider
Top Gun Customz 2.5 inch level kit
Fog lights
Line X
Pioneer DEH P7700 with XM sat. radio
Roll Bak bed cover
My Gallery

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Albany, GA
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F250
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG052590
How much did you pay for the tweeters and would you recommend getting new tweeters? When I got my headunit I got 2 2way 6.5" DUAL(brand) speakers.. lol do these suck so bad that they aren't worth using?
Like I said the fronts are component speakers....that means you have to have both for them to sound right. So they are only sold as a pair (with a crossover). I think they were around $200 (2 tweeters, 2 woofers and 2 crossovers). Unless you have an Audiophile system you don't have tweeters fromt the factory...just a hole where they would go. As for the DUALs....do think they are ok? If so then they are fine. If you haven't put them in yet I would try pawning them off on one of your friends and either get better quality speakers or leave the stock ones in (IMO the stock ones would be better than those).
__________________

2004 SuperCrew Lariat *SOLD*

New truck - 2008 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4 w/6.4L PS TD

Click here to visit my gallery
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Like I said the fronts are component speakers....that means you have to have both for them to sound right. So they are only sold as a pair (with a crossover). I think they were around $200 (2 tweeters, 2 woofers and 2 crossovers). Unless you have an Audiophile system you don't have tweeters fromt the factory...just a hole where they would go. As for the DUALs....do think they are ok? If so then they are fine. If you haven't put them in yet I would try pawning them off on one of your friends and either get better quality speakers or leave the stock ones in (IMO the stock ones would be better than those).
I mean Idk I wanna use these speakers for something but if the stocks are better lol.. I'ma prolly get some pioneers this summer for my birthday..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Senior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Albany, GA
Vehicle: 2008 Ford F250
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG052590
I mean Idk I wanna use these speakers for something but if the stocks are better lol.. I'ma prolly get some pioneers this summer for my birthday..

Go with the Pioneers...they are fairly in-expensive (notice I didn't say cheap...the quality is good), sound good and handle decent power.

BTW...you can get a set off ebay a lot cheaper than you can from even WalMart.
__________________

2004 SuperCrew Lariat *SOLD*

New truck - 2008 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4 w/6.4L PS TD

Click here to visit my gallery
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montgomery, Alabama!
Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Posts: 1,922
Send a message via AIM to JJG052590 Send a message via MSN to JJG052590
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Go with the Pioneers...they are fairly in-expensive (notice I didn't say cheap...the quality is good), sound good and handle decent power.

BTW...you can get a set off ebay a lot cheaper than you can from even WalMart.
I was figuring just go to best buy.. Because my parents are buying and I can't wire lol.. Unless it's simple then if so I'll search ebay! thanks!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM


 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.


 
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Contact Us Advertising Privacy Statement Terms of Service Jobs Forum Text Archives
Emails & Contact Details