2004 - 2008 F-150

What size speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJG052590
I mean Idk I wanna use these speakers for something but if the stocks are better lol.. I'ma prolly get some pioneers this summer for my birthday..
Yea, I'd wait and get some quality speakers. You can pick up a set of speakers for under $100 bucks. In my old truck I got lucky when I went to Circuit City they were running a special on Polk Audio. I was able to buy on pair for full price then get the other half off. They weren't the best speakers out there but they sounded good enough for the money.

Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
Yea, I'd wait and get some quality speakers. You can pick up a set of speakers for under $100 bucks. In my old truck I got lucky when I went to Circuit City they were running a special on Polk Audio. I was able to buy on pair for full price then get the other half off. They weren't the best speakers out there but they sounded good enough for the money.

So Pioneer is "good quality" and good for the price..

Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JJG052590
So Pioneer is "good quality" and good for the price..
Yeah, sorta like TOYOTA.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Just keep in mind you get what you paid for. If you buy cheap speakers then do be suprised if they dont sound much better tham what you have now. Id say buy some good Quality stuff and you will be happy. I have not had any experiance with Pioneer Speakers so I cant say one way or the other. I am like LSU I bought some Polks buy one get one half off. I go 4 great speakers for 150 + tax. Allthough now I wish I would have bought a set of components for the fronts. Also if you buy two sets of the same dont buy the protection plan for both just buy it for one. As far as installing speakers just buy a set of wire harnesses that fit the ford trucks and the install is very easy. You just plug into factory wire and bolt them in. You will pay atleast $50 for them to install

Old 02-07-2006, 02:41 PM
You can get a pair of Pioneer 6x8 4 ways from Crutchfield for around $100. With that you also get the wiring adapters for the stock Ford harness, no splices, just put the adapter on the Ford harness and plug into the speakers...

Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM
I have been thinking of upgrading my speakers for a while now. My company does accounting for a car audio system distributor, and when the owner came in last week to get some work done I asked him what it would cost to get me some new speakers. He said that he would hook me up since we do a lot of work for him. So he's going to give me 4 pioneer or kenwood speakers for only $85. Now I just have to decide which ones I want. I've owned/own pioneer car speakers/hu's and kenwood home stereo systems. Any ideas which is better for car audio speakers? Infiniti's he said would cost a bit more, so those might also be an option. But I am on a budget since I just got my exhaust done and my Edge tuner.

Moral of the story JJG052590, make friends with the salesman/owner of a local audio store.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ParkM
You can get a pair of Pioneer 6x8 4 ways from Crutchfield for around $100. With that you also get the wiring adapters for the stock Ford harness, no splices, just put the adapter on the Ford harness and plug into the speakers...

well if they are good quality then why not. I'll look at some reviews for them and if they say there good then why not!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Infinity makes a component set like Ram SS/T has in the front doors. These are AWESOME!! I have had many sets of pioneer, fosgate and sony 6x8s and the infinities were by far better even with stock head unit!!! I got tired of being ripped off so I leave my head units stock now... These were about 60 a pair on ebay several years back... not sure now... good luck!

Jon

Old 02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by JonF150
Infinity makes a component set like Ram SS/T has in the front doors. These are AWESOME!! I have had many sets of pioneer, fosgate and sony 6x8s and the infinities were by far better even with stock head unit!!! I got tired of being ripped off so I leave my head units stock now... These were about 60 a pair on ebay several years back... not sure now... good luck!

Jon
I have a pioneer headunit.. so I was thinking pioneer just to be cool and leave em all the same! lol.. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
I just found a deal on MB quart components that are regularly $350 for less than $200. Those are some of the best IMHO.....

Old 02-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 04xlt
I just found a deal on MB quart components that are regularly $350 for less than $200. Those are some of the best IMHO.....

Yeah I'm a pioneer, rockford fosgate kind of guy though.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Im just trying to help.... I dont think you will get much better sound out of the Pioneers than you would out of the stock speakers. Like I said I bought 4 Polk s for mine and there was not a huge differance. If I were do go back and do it again I would put the $200 I spent into some kick butt components for the front doors and leave the rears stock. 80% of the sound you will hear come from the front speakers. Trust me components are the way to go!. Once I convince the wife I will take out the front polks and get some MB Quarts. I just dropped over 2k in tires, lift and Rollbak the last 2 weeks so it may be a while

Old 02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Are any of you guys who are running components off your stock head unit getting good results?

I realize that for optimum SQ and SPL an amp is neccessary, but I honestly don't want to spend the money. It is even worth splurging on some $150 components if I am not going to run an amp to them?

Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by 04xlt
Im just trying to help.... I dont think you will get much better sound out of the Pioneers than you would out of the stock speakers. Like I said I bought 4 Polk s for mine and there was not a huge differance. If I were do go back and do it again I would put the $200 I spent into some kick butt components for the front doors and leave the rears stock. 80% of the sound you will hear come from the front speakers. Trust me components are the way to go!. Once I convince the wife I will take out the front polks and get some MB Quarts. I just dropped over 2k in tires, lift and Rollbak the last 2 weeks so it may be a while
I swapped the stock one for pioneers. There is a HUGE difference. The stock paper speakers are rated at 25 watts, maximum. Fuzzy sounding, weak. They are good 'AM radio' speakers.

I used the simple three way speakers that are made to drop straight in, no mods. Retail about 80 bucks a pair, but who pays retail...
There is no comparison in sound with the stock units.
Chris

Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Yall are lucky I got those stupid little half box things in my back doors for the 6x8's,,, I dont even think they are sealed good ... Yeah I second the paper cone being AM speakers LOL

Quick Reply: What size speakers?