2004 - 2008 F-150

Help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short I am leaking power-steering fluid...i brought it in to the service dept today, and they are trying to rush me some parts. I am leaving for vacation on wednesday for 12 days, towing a 4500 lb trailer to Maine and back ( I live in NJ).....they are not guaranteeing me it will be done. This is insane. I did not spend $33,000 to have a truck breakdown in 3 months!! Here are the part numbers they can't find!!

4L3Z-3A719-DC Hose ASY
F7CZ-3N824-AA TRANSDUCER

Anyone have any parts they can overnight me!!

Anyone have any ideas????

Old 06-20-2005, 04:43 PM
maybe you can have them send it to the closest dealer to your destination and have it fixed when you get there...kinda sucks that you have to deal with it now....what about a local parts place...OEM parts may be available and have the dealer reimburse you... (Good luck with that one though).

Old 06-20-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah, i am just nervous of traveling with a trailer while I know I am losing Power Steering fluid!! I might try a parts place if they do not get it by tomorrow.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
What about seeing if the dealer has a 4x4 loaner they'd be willing to let you use? The worst they could say is no, but you never know. I would ask this question to the Service Manager, not the person who sets up your appt.

Good luck.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
this is a perfect opportunity for a loaner. do you have extended warranty?? and def talk to the service manager, they call all the important shots

Old 06-20-2005, 08:44 PM
They said they will know by tomorrow if the parts are in, 9am. Hopefully all goes well and the parts come in, if not i will definately be looking for a loaner car.....thanks

Old 06-20-2005, 09:14 PM
They can tell who has the parts. If they are backordered from Ford, thats one thing. But they can just do a search in there computer and see every Ford dealerships inventory and see who has one, call them up and ask if they will sell it to them and there you go. Dont take no for an answer. I'll monitor this thread tomorrow if I have time and if you cant get the parts I will see if my brother has them in Connecticut.Good luck.

BREW

Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM
make em pull the parts from a new one,or give you one to drive.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks BrewDude, I will know alot more in an hour or two. I called fordpartsonline.com and they were really helpful, they researched the part and only found two that a dealer had in stock, they were both in ALASKA!!! I ordered the p/s hose through them by myself because the dealer would not do it. So I should have that part Wed, morning, but the dealership told me they would have to charge me for the installation!!! Crazy!

Do you think I could bring my truck to an auto shop and they wouldbe able to fix it, is this a special part from Ford or a standard high pressure hose???

Old 06-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Is this the dealership you bought from? if so, thats crazy, we used to pull parts off a new vehicle to get a customer of ours out of a bind.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Yes it is, i bought a couple of vehicles from this place. I did not think this was an option,but I will bring this up to the Service Manager today.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:21 AM
I had a small problem with the power steering in my truck, too. It was spraying up onto the underside of the hood. Wasn't a significant leak, though and it ended up needing a new high pressure return hose. I was able to drive it for about a week and a half while they ordered the part.

I can't believe the dealer is telling you that they will charge you to install the part simply because you ordered it yourself. This is a problem that is covered by your warranty. I would definitely submit a complaint to Ford about the dealer if they proceed down that road!

Old 06-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Do you think it is possible that a autobody shop will be able to fix it??? Is it a regular power steering hose??

Old 06-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by vtn98
I had a small problem with the power steering in my truck, too. It was spraying up onto the underside of the hood. Wasn't a significant leak, though and it ended up needing a new high pressure return hose. I was able to drive it for about a week and a half while they ordered the part.

I can't believe the dealer is telling you that they will charge you to install the part simply because you ordered it yourself. This is a problem that is covered by your warranty. I would definitely submit a complaint to Ford about the dealer if they proceed down that road!
I agree with VTN. Don't let them charge you for anything, this is all covered under warranty. If you've bought several vehicles from this same dealer, I would be telling not asking the SM what you want done.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Well,still no part!! I am supposed to be leaving tomorrow around 10 am for a 12day trip with the trailer......hopefully I will only be delayed by a couple of hours. The part should be there by 10am.....we will see....this really sucks