2004 - 2008 F-150

Relocating the jack

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocating the jack

Hi all....

This site and it's members are so awesome. I just installed my sub box in my 04 Screw and now need to find a place for my jack. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 05-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I know one guy who took his jack & mounted on top of one of the wheel wells. He had a cap so there was no worry about the weather. No cap, maybe you could buy a small box of some sort and mount the box to the wheel well? Some vehicles have the jack under the hood.

Thats about the only things I know of.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 05-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Suspended
I've heard if you have four wheel drive forget mounting it under the hood. The only other place I could think of was maybe underneath the truck.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Why would four wheel drive make a difference under the hood?

What about a click quick release box that fits under the truck behind the bumper or place it behind the left rear wheel behind the lower left quater panel?

Old 05-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys...keep em coming...it would be great if anyone that has actually done it and have pics to share. I saw one mounted in the engine bay, the only problem with that is with my air intake there's no room.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
The perfect place for my worthless (reportedly, especially on 18" or above wheels) jack...under my SnugLid hard tonneau along with my spare tire.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm going to put mine under the hood. Right where all the CAI gets install the filter housing. Only because I just decided to put a drop-in K&N, and the airaid JR tube. So it leaves that big ole opening. I was also contemplating putting a battery there, have to see what happens when the mod day comes. Stupid rain!

Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I think im going to drop my spare down, leave the jack in that little bag it comes in, wrap it in a weather proof bag, and secure it inside the spare under the truck. I want to mount my fire extinguisher where the jack is.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by PiggNFord
I think im going to drop my spare down, leave the jack in that little bag it comes in, wrap it in a weather proof bag, and secure it inside the spare under the truck. I want to mount my fire extinguisher where the jack is.

Not a bad idea at all!! So I take it the spare is mounted so the deep side of the rim is up? Another idea would be to mount a box to a frame rail underneath the truck - appears to be plenty of room under there.....I'd like to relocate my jack because I have the Audiophile system and the sub for it takes the entire bottom of the 60% seat side and the jack takes the whole 40% side - was kind of surprised that' all the storage we have in these trucks (not including the door bins and console of course....but I'd like to be able to store things like tie downs, tools, etc. and those don't really belong in the console...

Quick Reply: Relocating the jack