2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Folding Mirror Install on F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is one I found when searching "ford express" a bunch of crap came up but this was included in the search.

Express Module

Here is a pic for anyone hunting in the junk yards....

By the way not saying anyone would do this but im sure they are pocket sized.

Last edited by Ascii; 04-18-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:10 AM
What is the difference with the 05 harness and the 04 harness i know the 04 is missing some wires and the mirror movement motor wires are switch but aside from that why cant we just add the wires? Are the connectors different all together or what?

Side note I contacted the vegas company and they gave me the same prices as my local dealer. You know the outrageous prices like 200 or something for 1 mirror.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ascii
What is the difference with the 05 harness and the 04 harness i know the 04 is missing some wires and the mirror movement motor wires are switch but aside from that why cant we just add the wires? Are the connectors different all together or what?

Side note I contacted the vegas company and they gave me the same prices as my local dealer. You know the outrageous prices like 200 or something for 1 mirror.
If you contact Tim Viera at Signature Lincoln Mercury in Vegas he will give you 25% off - 1-800-876-3280 x233 or tviera@signaturelm.com

Tim sold me the drivers side mirror for $169.49 and the pass side mirror for $94.46

In addition to the power folding mirrors you need one pigtail for the plug into the drivers side mirror [Tim can get you this], one momentary contact dual pole switch, two Type D relays and a copy of the electrical schematic for 05 F150 Power fold mirrors.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:48 AM
I know that in the directions it says we need the pigtail but i trying to figure out why. Because the connector in the schematics i see looks identical to the 05. Just trying to clear some things up before i get into it and have a surprise.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I wonder if the 05 hardware allows you to use the stock switch? Any thoughts?

Old 05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I dont even know where the damn switch is located i looked in a king ranch with pfm and i didnt see it. But from what the instructions say and searching around the forums no you can't use the factory switch from an 05.

I did notice in the schematics though that there is a pfm module that has 5 wires and looks alot like those express down / up modules. Maybe if you have that module the switch will work ? I dont know.

And I still havent found a round mom/off/mom switch anywhere like bobs.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
The PFM switch in the KR is just the normal PM switch. You just have it pointing in the middle and pull straight back and both mirros come in. The switch in the Lariat and the KR are identical so I don't know why it wouldn't work to use the factory switch. Also another thing bsm's directions are missing, is how to wire the puddle lamps on the mirrors. These are things that I need to iron out before I start this project.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Yea I saw the puddle lamps too and in the schematics I have it looks like you just run #8 to a source that is only hot when you turn the int lights on and cold when you turn them off. Im not home right now or i would check on an interior source to tap into. When I get home ill check it out if no one else has posted here.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Sounds good. Are the schematics you're looking at from bsm? Where did you get them if not? I wonder who we can ask to see how to get the stock switch to work, b/c that would make life so much easier. My dealer is full of idiots, so I can't ask them.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:11 PM
And I still havent found a round mom/off/mom switch anywhere like bobs.
This is the switch that I used. Costs $1.41 + shipping. Probably the same one. Got it from Mouser.com. I put it next to the cig. lighter.

Also, my passenger mirror seems to go faster than the drivers side. Does anyone know a way to synch the two? They both moved at the same speed after the install.

Old 05-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I got mine off ebay ford service dvds

Old 05-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I know that in the directions it says we need the pigtail but i trying to figure out why. Because the connector in the schematics i see looks identical to the 05. Just trying to clear some things up before i get into it and have a surprise.

Thanks
If I remember correctly [sometimes I don't] the pigtail is used to scavenge contacts to fit into the connector for the drivers side mirror.

Old 05-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Thats what i was thinking it was for so why not just go to the junkyard and grab some connectors to stripped the pins out of them.

Side note anyone buy the pfm module that i see behind the driverside passenger in the back wall of the cab on the 05's and try the stock switch that way?

Just trying to get use of the factory switch if i can.

Has anyone used the ford express down modules with this mod?
I think i understand what someone earlier was saying but the pin 4 that is a sensing wire or check wire or whatever do you just hook it back to 1 or 2 or what? and does this replace the relays?

Thanks

Old 05-13-2005, 12:39 AM
I wonder if the dealership knows how to do this mod. Maybe we can try and leach info off them to do it ourselves. Will bsm's wiring scheme and installation even work for me since I have an 05?

Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by F150 Duke
I wonder if the dealership knows how to do this mod. Maybe we can try and leach info off them to do it ourselves. Will bsm's wiring scheme and installation even work for me since I have an 05?
My experiences with dealers are that they tell you that PFMs are available only with the King Ranch package and must be installed as a part of that package. My dealer ordered the parts and then said that he could not install them. I had to have my audio/security/remote starter installer figure out how to do the PFM installation.

Quick Reply: Power Folding Mirror Install on F150