2004 - 2008 F-150

Door keypad with aftermarket alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door keypad with aftermarket alarm?

Does anyone know how to interface our factory door keypad with an aftermarket alarm (viper)? There must be a way for the keypad to disarm/arm the alarm. I have searched far and wide and found nothing about it.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 PM
I am getting my alarm installed as we type. It is a Clifford. I also have the door keypad.

Here's the thing. You do not want the keypad to disarm the alarm. Then any car jacker could walk up to it and press your buttons to disarm the alarm.

If you press the lock button on your fob, the alarm will arm. If you use the inside door lock or the keypad (last two buttons) the alarm will not arm.

So you just have to think ahead if you're going to use the keypad.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't the carjacker need the CODE to disarm the alarm

I would want the alarm to disarm when the doors unlock after entering the code. There must be a way to do it.

Also, I used to live in South Jersey... Elmer. Nice place for wheeling!

Old 10-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Well I think the alarm senses voltage spikes, so once you hit the numbers, the lights come on, thus setting off the alarm.

Elmer? I bought some of my furniture at Carl Harz. My mom grew up in Elmer. And my grandparent's lived there for years.

I grew up in Newfield and now live in Williamstown.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
I am wiring my alarm dirctly to the door triggers, not lamps. So the alarm will not trigger unless you actually open the door or bump the truck. I know that the keypad send a signal to unlock the doors/turn on the lights, so I'm sure there is a way or a module somewhere that will interface it with an alarm.

Elmer is a nice small town. 1 mile each way I believe. I left in 93 but I still have family there.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though I am not able to sell you guys Ford remote start systems for a discounted cost, I can help you out a little. What kind of system do you have?? The lights in my truck do not come on with the keypad unless you unlock the door. You will have to have the code to disarm the alarm. Guigster, you got some misinformation. You do tie into the door lock motor circuits and yes your door trigger is your dome, but your dome light will not come on unless you enter the correct code to unlock the door.

Anyways, what kind of system are you installing and I will help you out. I believe that if the system you have has a separate arm and disarm input, then the arm goes to the lock motor (pink/black) and the disarm inputgoes to the unlock motor (red/orange). That way when you lock the door with the keypad, the alarm senses it and alarms, and vice versa on the disarm. Does this make any sense??

Old 10-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I am installing the viper 791vx. Here are my questions:

1. How do I wire the alarm to activate the headlights/domes/etc when the system arms (basically work the lights similar to the factory keyless entry) Does the factory keyless entry have inputs? Does anyone know how ford wir their factory alarms?

2. How do I wire the alarm to be controlled by the keypad? I am nervous about wiring the arm/disarm to the unlock/lock, is there any other way?

I want to retain the factory feel of the alarm/keypad as much as possible.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Let me talk to my parnter because he is the DEI man.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:40 PM
What is the purpose of this wire:
http://www.designtech-intl.com/Conte...l?modelID=1812
OEM Alarm Disarm: PINK/ORANGE (+) PASSANGER KICK PANEL

And there must be a way to wire the alarm to use the "automatic" headlights, so the lights turn on at night when the alarm is disarmed (like the keyless entry).

Last edited by Big SCrew; 10-23-2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM
There is a way....

There is a way to arm/disarm the car alarm w/ the keypad. Thing is, it requires that you use an alarm package from Ford, the PowerCode system (made by CodeAlarm). One of the opions for this particular model is to allow for a 5 second trigger delay on the interior lights (enough time for you to punch in your code). The arm/disarm trigger uses the same output from your factory FOB, OR you can use one of the newer FOBs that come with the kit (and disable the factory FOB's from disarming the alarm via a setup option.)

The other way, from what I hear, would be some creative wiring using the spare alarm fob and integrating it with the keypad....don't ask me how, but i've read that some people have had this done. It requires permanently mounting your "spare" FOB into the door.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Last edited by TonyPTX; 10-31-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Same problem

BigSCrew,

I feel ya... i want my alarm to do the EXACT thing. I've been looking everywhere for information on how to do the keypad thing. Basically, I want my viper to just add start and alarm capability. I want my fadey dome light, keypad, and locks to work just like they did from factory.

I want viper to disarm when i enter correct code on my keypad.
When I arm the truck, I want the dome lights to fade like factory, instead of timing out due to the factory system not knowing it's armed.

I know what you mean. Why have a keypad if it doesn't work? Having a remote is nice, but I use the keypad too. I can't now...

We need the wiring diagram for the factory keyless entry, remote receiver, dome timer, and keypad. Anybody know where we can get these?

thanks y'all...
Heath
heath@hkr1.com

Old 03-13-2006, 02:36 AM
FWIW I have the CA670 remote start/alarm unit. I am able to arm/disarm the alarm with my factory key fobs, the CA fobs, or the keypad. I can arm the system if I just lock the door with the power door lock. I installed myself and the alarm works great and it does not disarm via the keypad until I punch in the correct code. Works like a charm which was part of the reason why I went with the Code Alarm unit. I would think the Viper, or any other brand would work as well, you just need to tap into the correct wire.

Dave

Old 03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Deeve

Can you give me the wiring diagram for your alarm? Which wires did you use to disarm the alarm with the factory keyless system?

heath@hkr1.com

Thanks a bunch,

Later,
Heath

Old 03-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Deeve
FWIW I have the CA670 remote start/alarm unit. I am able to arm/disarm the alarm with my factory key fobs, the CA fobs, or the keypad. I can arm the system if I just lock the door with the power door lock. I installed myself and the alarm works great and it does not disarm via the keypad until I punch in the correct code. Works like a charm which was part of the reason why I went with the Code Alarm unit. I would think the Viper, or any other brand would work as well, you just need to tap into the correct wire.

Dave
I also have this alarm. It's great. The Vipers are harder to get to work since they don't have an input wire to disarm.

And I know some will post, "why would you want a wire that can disarm your alarm". Don't forget that a thief would have to actually find that wire. And if they have the time, and the know how - It doesn't matter what alarm you have, they will own your truck anyway.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Deeve

Dave
How did you wire the ca670? I have it and would like to use the door keypad to disarm. My installer said they have not been sucessful on wiring one yet.

Quick Reply: Door keypad with aftermarket alarm?