2004 - 2008 F-150

Ranch Hand Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my truck up to Anthony yesterday and he put the T-brackest on and trimmed the bumper up just a little and put it back on, fits better not but was still making noise so this morning I dropped it down about a quarter inch and it has to be a pretty good size hole/bump to make it do it now... Anthony is a good guy and makes some badass bumpers

Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes he does. I wonder when I'll get my kick backs. haha!

Don't like our bumpers in being in this thread when we should have our own. Anyways I found if you weld the "t" brackets to the bumper it keeps it from slipping down. Maybe I'm just a weakling but I could not get it torqued down enough to keep it from sliding out of alignment. The small tack welds worked. I also installed my skid plates with them attached to the bottom of the bumper and that reduced the bumper from shaking to near nothing. Reason being is that the ford bumper mount plates on these frames are not strong enough (IMO) for these big bumpers. They flex considerably (vertically) with this added weight. I'm not talking just Boondocks but all after market bumpers will more than likely have this issue.

I made gussets to strengthen the plates that I plan to weld on here really soon. I'll be shooting Anthony some photos when I get it done.

Last edited by Impact9; 10-01-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: 5 hour enerjy drinc and know slep make me stoopid.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:19 PM
I didn't realize that the F150 bumpers didn't mount directly to the frame. My bumper weighs over 250 pounds and doesn't move at all, even if I jump on it. I always liked the looks of the Boondocks bumpers though. They look tough.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are tough. Already took off the back end of a car with mine and took out a few shopping carts blocking my golden spot.

That being said, the bumper is as strong as its weakest link. Even though I took no damage from the accident, the bumper did go a little crooked because of the brackets bending upwards or moving or something. Though, that might be a good thing. These bumpers don't absorb energy, they channel it. Having it mounted by brackets probably saved me from having frame damage.

Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't know anything. Hopefully I made sense and what I said carries some truth.

Thanks,
Anthony (Not Boondock owner, Anthony. Just some guy named Anthony)

Old 11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Has anyone tried to get ahold of boondocks lately in wanting to order a bumper but can't get ahold of anyone. I called the number on the website but didn't know if there was another number please help haha!!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's been somewhat difficult to reach them as of late. Try using the contact form on their website to email them. You should get a response by Monday or Tuesday.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Ok ill keep trying to get in contact with them.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Just a heads up...I am getting ready to get a ranch hand summit later this month. The direct outlet in San Antonio, Tx has a coupon for 10% off on their website. This place is like 5 minutes from my house, so I am going to get it and have it installed there. I am also going to add a few lights to the front, so I can see all the hill country deer before they jump in front of the new replacement bumper.

Quick Reply: Ranch Hand Bumper