2004 - 2008 F-150

Tool Box In Bed With Cover????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tool Box In Bed With Cover????

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a tool box that will fit in the bed of my 04 Fx4 that will go under the bed cover. I have seen the wheel well ones and don't care for them.
Have any of you purchased a tool chest that works well and you could recommend for me???? I just need something to through my crap in that is weatherproof and doesn't take up alot of space.
Thanks in advance.........

Old 04-17-2004, 07:48 AM
I have a black DeeZee brand tool box in the back of my truck. If you look at the pics in my gallery, there is one of the box (not very good quality pic, but you get the idea.) I purchased it from Tractor Supply Co. for about $220. It comes with mounting brackets so you can attach it to the front of the bed, or you could just screw it down to the bottom of the bed. I think the dimensions are about 4 foot wide, and maybe around 2 foot wide and 2 foot deep.
I have a spray in liner, so it probably wouldn't slide around too much in my truck, but I attached it using the brackets anyways.
You can also go to the DeeZee website and check it out.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Bleppek,

Thanks for the info I'll check it out! One question for ya though, was/is the box made for the 04's or is it a universal???
Thanks again.......

Old 04-18-2004, 07:19 AM
The one I have is universal. If you look at the DeeZee link in my last message, it is the Competitor Series Utility Chest that is shown almost at the bottom of the web page. Also, here is a catalog insert from Midwestwheel.com (this is in .pdf format) that has a lot of tool boxes in it. The box I have is on the sixth page from the top. Their homepage (www.midwestwheel.com) has an order form that can be used to purchase any of these items. The prices didn't look too bad to me.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:22 PM
Would this work?

I got it from www.truckstuffusa.com for about $400 It is a deflecatshield black aluminum one.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:26 PM
hey sherm, do tool boxes like that bolt down? even if they didnt i dont see anyone jumping into someones elses truck and grabbing the whole box but i was just wondering.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by ristuccia
hey sherm, do tool boxes like that bolt down? even if they didnt i dont see anyone jumping into someones elses truck and grabbing the whole box but i was just wondering.
I wouldn't put it past some of those little rip-off artists out there. Some parents are really dropping the ball in child-rearing these days!!

Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Bigsherm,

NICE! I like the Ford emblem on the box, nice touch!
Anyway, yeah that is what I'm looking for, I would want it in black also.
Did you bolt that down to the floor, or to the back wall?
Thanks again guys!

Old 04-19-2004, 05:12 PM
People WILL steal your toolbox in a heartbeat. Especially if they think you have expensinve power tools in it. This is why I bolted mine down to the bottom of the bed and stripped the bolts so it ain't going anywhere. I almost had a panic attack watching them drill through my brand new truck bed but I havn't had any problems and now have the convenience of a locking trunk space in a truck.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:03 PM
toolbox

i have a large saddlebox [over the rail] with a custom fit truxedo lo pro roll up.absolutley love it. gives me a cover and my bedspace when i need it. which is often.

Quick Reply: Tool Box In Bed With Cover????