1997 - 2003 F-150

HELP~~99 F150 Turn signals DONT WORK ~HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP~~99 F150 Turn signals DONT WORK ~HELP

my turn signals were intermittent and i swapped out the flash relay under the dash and now signals do nothing

4 way flashers work 100% so bulbs and wiring are good 4 ways share same fuse as turn sig so fuse is good

i have moved my old flasher relay and also the new one that i bought into the spot for 4 way flasher and both operate no problem i put the known good 4 way flasher in place of turn flasher and no operation

i swapped in a known good column turn/4way/high beam/wiper switch from another truck and all functions work except the turn signals

IS THERE ANY OTHER PART/COMPONENT IN THE turn SIGNAL SYSTEM THAT I COULD BE OVERLOOKING THAT COULD BE BAD?? and yes i know there is miles of wire bunched up in harnesses throughout the truck and the truck is a high mileage rust bucket with other minor problem (not worth putting a lot of money into~~BUT i do need the signals to work because it is my only vehicle to get around right now~~and turning without flashing them signals to let other nearby drivers know that im turning will quickly lead to some red flashing lights in my rearview mirror and repeated tickets to the policemans ball__that i dont want tickets to )

Old 02-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
There is only one flasher unit, it supplies both the turn signals and the 4-ways. However, it is fed by two separate power sources, one that is always hot for the 4-way function, and one fed by the ignition switch via CJB fuse F23 for the turn signal function.

Have you verified that 1) F23 is good, 2) that it's actually getting switched ignition power and 3) that the switched power is actually getting to the flasher unit up under the dash? Make sure the pins that hold the fuse and the flasher sockets haven't gotten stretched out causing a poor/no connection.

You've replaced a lot of parts and I don't see any evidence that you've done any logical troubleshooting, just parts swapping. When parts swapping doesn't work, it's time to put logic into the process.

Last edited by projectSHO89; 02-19-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Ill KEEP THIs SHORT

<<Stands up in front of the crowd and says "Hello, My name is Dave and i am a BIG OVERREACTING IDIOT"

Parts supply house Gave me a defective flasher new flasher installed....and it was so easy a caveman could do it