1997 - 2003 F-150

97 bumper Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 bumper Fog lights

Hey all, so I have recently been looking to add to my Trucks aesthetics by installing fog lamps in the front bumper. as i have found there were 2 different bumper styles with built in fog lamps, and i would like to either find an after market stock housing or a good fog lamp set up that fills the opening in the bumper. i dont wanna just wedge a light behind the opening and call it a day. if anyone has any suggestion as to what they have on their trucks or where i could find a good lamp that would be very well appreciated. thank you.

i have attached a pic of my truck so you guys know which bumper style i have

Attached Thumbnails 97 bumper Fog lights-20170213_155604.jpg  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can find a set of OEM fogs from a 97 or 98, grab them! They're far better than the 99-03 fogs that were the result of a cost down. If that doesn't work, it's fairly easy to mount a set of aftermarket lights behind the grill as I did on my 97, 99 and 02 trucks. There's a FRP cross member that runs horizontally across the front of the radiator that's almost perfectly placed for them.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:07 PM
What i was really getting at was where do I get the Oem light fixtures? Any videos out there that show how to wire them to the ambers?

Old 03-06-2017, 04:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Your truck may already be wired for them. Look for the plugs back taped in the harness or on the body with a clip behind that area.. The the headlight switch will have to be replaced with the one with fogs option. My truck had the plugs and replacing the headlight switch was a snap.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Fair enough, but are you able to run the fog lights with just the ambers on? Ive only owned 1 other vehicle with stock fog lights and they could only be turned on with the headlights and i really dislike that. And where did you acquire the fog lights themselves? Junkyard or do you know a good aftermarket site?

Old 03-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by psykoems
Fair enough, but are you able to run the fog lights with just the ambers on? Ive only owned 1 other vehicle with stock fog lights and they could only be turned on with the headlights and i really dislike that. And where did you acquire the fog lights themselves? Junkyard or do you know a good aftermarket site?
Have you tried LMC?http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=39
I'm not sure is the same bumper on the F250 too? Pretty sure you need to stay with either 97' or 98'

then there is RA http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...p+assembly,803

It couldn't hurt to check the local salvage yards

Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by enriched
Have you tried LMC?http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fe/full.aspx?Page=39
I'm not sure is the same bumper on the F250 too? Pretty sure you need to stay with either 97' or 98'

then there is RA http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/f...p+assembly,803

It couldn't hurt to check the local salvage yards
thank you, this is the 1st gen where the f150 deviated from 250 and 350 so i doubt its the same lights. I came up short on RA, but ill check lmc thank you. Otherwise i believe there are some in the local yards

Old 03-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You would need a relay to power the fog lights. Use the parking light positive to trigger a relay that would turn on the fogs. The only problem with that is that fogs would always be on when parking or head lights were on. Easier yet you could use a toggle switch to activate the fogs and you could turn them on at will.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by 01 gt f150
You would need a relay to power the fog lights. Use the parking light positive to trigger a relay that would turn on the fogs. The only problem with that is that fogs would always be on when parking or head lights were on. Easier yet you could use a toggle switch to activate the fogs and you could turn them on at will.
i never use the parking lights as parking lights, id prefer to run the fogs with the parking lights, and i really enjoy the way the trucks looks with head and fog lights on...huge fan of multiple light fixtures lol.
thank you