1997 - 2003 F-150

1997 ghost in my Power Windows-Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1997 ghost in my Power Windows-Help!!

So just recently my F150 power windows work at random times on drivers side. It won't go down all the time, but sometimes it will. I noticed that when i get in the truck and turn on the ignition that i don't hear the fuse box make a nose sometimes.

Here is when it gets odd, if i open my door with the ignition on or truck running and close it i then hear the fuse box panel make a noise and the window will go down. Sometimes I have to open and close the door a few times to engage the button.
Also noticed that if its a time when it does not go down and I press the down button the dome light flickers. Also another weird thing is if i roll down the window using the passenger door button while the drivers window down button does not work it rolls down both windows at the same time.

What the hell is going on?

Side note, i have a Viper Alarm system and has a safety feature that won't let me roll down the window when the door is open. Not sure if that normal or related?

Old 06-26-2016, 10:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would disable the Viper alarm 1st to see if it is working as it should. If then everything works normally. I'd say it was your alarm causing the issue.

Does this sit outside most of the time (rarely inside a garage)??
Maybe you have a leaking window and it wicking inside and leaking on the GEM module. Search GEM module and see if there is similarities to your issue from that search.

If issues persist....then maybe you have a bad ground in the cab.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
I has sit in a garage most of its restored life until recently, ill see if I can disabled the alarm system and test.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Not sure if you ever found the issue, but my 97 was doing the same random stuff, isolated the problem to the GEM module thing under the dash.. I did a simple wiring hack to bypass the autodown thing, now they work fine.. just no autodown, but I can live with that..

Old 10-23-2016, 04:59 PM
power window not working

slfalco,Will your bypass work if windows not working at all

Quick Reply: 1997 ghost in my Power Windows-Help!!